Birth presant

flying dave

Reaction score
Hi all.

Thought I would ask you mothers and mothers to be what gift did you receive from your spouse on the birth of the little one?

My wife is due in 2 months with our first born and I'm stumped with what to get her. She has told me she doesn't want anything as money is tight but I want to get her something. All suggestions please!

I didn't get anything! But having a brand new baby was enough for me, and also having a bit of help around the house (hoovering, getting me drinks, preparing meals) was more valuable to me than any gift would have been.

tapatalking x

I didn't get anything either! Can't say I really thought about it until reading this.

What about jewellery? Doesn't have to be expensive - if she's got a charm bracelet a baby charm?

Nothing :(
Traditionally you buy her an eternity ring , despite numerous hints I'm still waiting for mine lol

You can get bracelets & necklaces made with baby's footprint on if you wanted to wait a little while after the birth to give her the gift

My husband got me a giant pink cupcake, a bouquet of pink gerberas (our wedding flowers were white gerberas) and a pandora charm.

oh didnt get me anything but mum got me a circle of life necklace its so beautiful xx

I didnt get nor want anything! I dont see why these "push presents" are required at all! I was ecstatic to have a beautiful baby and spend a couple of weeks at home with my gorgeous hubby and baby boy. No gift you can buy can ever top that!

My advice...be there when she needs you, run her a bath every now and then...cook dinner a few times a week. Help with housework! Sounds boring perhaps, but believe me, it will be appreciated! x

I didn't get anything. I said I didn't want anything and meant it, maybe your wife does too? I agree with what everyone else has said but if you really insist on getting something, a friend of mine got an aquamarine pendant, the babys birthstone, I thought that was a lovely idea.x

I didn't expect anything either and was ecstatic to spend time at home with my hubby and baby. But I do think its a nice gesture to at least buy a bouquet of flowers :shrug:

I didn't get anything either lol

I would have liked a bunch of flowers and a congratulatory balloon if I were to choose though

Tapatalking!

My hubby got me a lovely card and wrote some lovely messages in it. He later got me a ring with my SOS birth stone in and his name engraved in it. My parents also brought me earrings with his birthstone in. It's not something I would expect but its lovely that I have something to keep but in all honesty the card means more to me than anything else I got.

A card that made me cry. A charm for my links of London bracelet and 2 new spinning jewellery stacking rings. I had pointed the charm out to him when pregnant so was so pleased that he remembered about it. Just need it personalised now with H's due date and arrival date. OH didn't have a clue how to go about getting that done ;) lol.

But I agree with the others. Giving her lots of help and support, doing little things for her, like passing her stuff, making her a brew, she'll be more thankful for.

My oh makes me a cup of tea and brings it up to me in bed every morning before he leaves for work. It's the best way for me to start my day - the only cup of tea I get that I drink whilst its still hot lol.

My other half came home with a blue hydrangea yesterday. I was really touched - then found out it wasn't his idea!

iv not had the baby yet and dont expect a flashy present but if he did get me something then something he had picked for me that i could keep maybe a card or a little necklace or earrings ? id love an eternity rign but would feel bad about the costs of one as they arent cheap! and i know we dont have the spare cash. i also agree with the other girls that doing things around the house for her a back massage or just giving her a break from baby would be the best present xx

I got a bottle of coke and a packet of malteasers. He ate the sweets when we got home.

And no I am not kidding.

I got a bottle of coke and a packet of malteasers. He ate the sweets when we got home.

And no I am not kidding.

Omg I love Mr C

I swear if I don't get a bloody balloon next time, we are having another just to teach him a lesson!

I got my pandora bracelet and a charm x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

And no I am not kidding.

Omg I love Mr C

I swear if I don't get a bloody balloon next time, we are having another just to teach him a lesson!

Sometimes wonder if I love him lol. What a toad!!! He thinks its funny too. I will buy you a balloon ;) xx

I've told so many people the balloon story we won't be able to move for balloons next time!

Tapatalking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back