Birth from HEAVEN or Labour from HELL

K&A

Reaction score
My labour was an absolute JOY!!

I never heard many woman saying they enjoyed their labour but i loved mine!!

It only took 3 hours 30 mins and it was amazing.

Beautiful private room with bed, en suite bathroom, birthing pool, paintings, air con and twinkly lights on ceiling.

My two midwifes were brilliant, and my OH and mum were fantastic birthing partners.

And at the end i have the most perfect, gorgeous little J :D

Was your labour HEAVEN or HELL..

K x

Last edited:
Hell :(

yours sounds like everything I wanted but my blood pressure was sky high so I was strapped to the bed being monitored, and after 36 hours of contractions and 2 hours of pushing I still couldn't get him out because his head kept turning the wrong way. I was about to be wheeled to theatre to get him out when a doctor (to whom I will be eternally grateful) suggested she attempt a ventouse delivery, which thankfully did the trick as she was able to turn his head and pull him out at the same time. I was pumped full of syntocin to make those last contractions "super strong" to give it the best chance of working, and the whole time had no pain relief (which on hindsight was pretty stupid but hey ho). Short of the local anaesthetic in my foof (OW!!!!!) before the episiotomy (which still tore anyway) I had nothing. So yeah, hell :(

thing is though, it was still the best experience of my life and I'd do it all again in an instant. I also know some ladies had it a whole lot worse, and while it wasn't exactly how I'd planned or imagined, it didn't matter because I had my boy :love:

definitely want a labour like yours next time tho :)

Last edited:
Heaven, I loved mine, truly an amazing experience x

1st one hell. I panicked, didn't know what I was doing, thought it would never end, tried punching the mw! Lol it was quick for a 1st, 6hours but felt forever!
2nd was heaven! I loved every minute of it! I took control of my body, breathed slowly, stayed calm.
Established labour was only 54mins and pushing 7mins! I think the quickness helped it be a nice labour though!

1st hell 3 days of getting sent home from hospital as was not 4 cm then a full day in hospital and 2 hours of pushing.
2nd heaven was getting tightings but no pains got to the hospital and was 7 cm pains started and she was born 40 mins later.
3rd super heaven getting mild pains at home didnt tell a sole I was in labour at home with just dolly (2) O/h came home from work at 2:30pm I said I need to get to the hospital friend picked dolly up and drove us to the hospital got put on a bed with one push he was born at 3pm I was still fully dressed and in a little shock.
Like laceys mummy I think with me it was all down to the length of labour you can put up with terrible pain for a few hours but for days like my first I couldnt cope

I loved my labour i had a waterbirth the whole thing only lasted 5 hours and i was pushing for 18 mins. i didn't like how badly i tore or being stitched up afterwards ouch! x

In general (and looking back of course!) I felt I coped with labour pretty well. But because I only got to 5-6 cms in 30 hours it seemed like hell at the time! I definitely think that if my cervix had behaved itself and done what it should've then I would have got my homebirth and it would have been a lot easier :)
But you never know, it could have been fate that it worked out the way it did, it could have been much worse in other ways!

Heaven :) loved it. Hope this one goes even better

1 - Hell, was 16 days over, spend 4 days with pessaries up my fan-fan which did naf all, they broke my waters through a closed posterior cervix which was HELL ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then put me on a drip which was agony from the first moment, had an epi, the anethatist was a cock of maior proportions.

2 - heaven - 10 days late after a sweep - started naturally, 1 hr30 later my gorgeous daughter was born. comedy and laughs with my hubby trying to get me to the hossy on time lol

3- heaven i think - waters broke at 37 weeks, no labour thoough so had to go in for pessaries, sweeps etc got put on drip 3 days later, got to 7cm, pushed involuntarily and baby oscar literally flew out!

its great to see even when ur putting hell you can tell you all didn't care as at the end ur had ur perfect little babies. I know because this time round i had an easy pregnancy- no sickness, no cravings was great and an easy birth that my next one will probably be hell x

Hell! I was admitted for 3 days before cos my blood pressure shot up so fast, then I was in early labour for 3 days on the bloomin antenatal ward, in a room with 3 other women who I didnt know who werent in labour, so it was pretty embarrasing. OH wasnt allowed to stay apart from visiting times and I hated visiting times cos not only was I labouring in front of 3 strangers but their husbands were there too. I was only allowed paracetamol for pain relief and couldnt speak through the contractions they were so strong, and I had to go on my hands and knees on the bed and rock, really humiliating.

I wasnt allowed on the labour ward until I was 3cm dilated so I wasnt going to get my own space or OH until then, every examination when they told me I was still at 1cm I wanted to scream.

In the end I hadnt slept for 3 days they let me go to the labour ward to give me the drip to speed things up and bullied me into having an epidural which I didnt want. Then baby's heart started stopping and not recovering and they rolled me on my side and put me on oxygen, my blood pressure went up to 170 over 110 and they rushed me to theatre for an emergency section. When LO was born they pumped me full of syntocinin which caused and allergic reaction so I didnt get to hold or see my baby for ages.

my baby was stuck high up in my uerus cos of the cord being around him several times so couldnt engage his head, so my cervix didnt dilate :doh:

it was absolutely the worst experience of my life because of all the intervention, and being in the antenatal ward really was hell, but the contractions weren't hell at all. and now im obsessed with doing it again :blush:

I wish I remembered my labour. I have very brief memories, no sense of timescale or what was going on around me and that was before any drugs! I don't think I'd say hell even though things didn't go the way I'd have wanted in an ideal world. And a blue baby whisked away to another room for oxygen is a scary thought, although I don't know if I remember that or if I only know because OH told me!
I'd love to do it all over again, very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back