Birth after LLETZ

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by JemRose, Dec 2, 2021.

1. JemRose

JemRose Well-Known Member

Hi

I previously had a LLETZ procedure for high grade cancerous cells found after a cervical smear. This was after my first born, they did say there may be complications in pregnancy such as not making it to full term and chance of later miscarriage.

Has anyone given birth after LLETZ and all been okay? Or not okay?

I also suffer from endometriosis, bursting ovarian cyst and had a MC last year.

I'm really worried about lots of things because of previous gynae issues, wound they give an early scan (UK) due to this?

2. EmmaT375

EmmaT375 Member

I had a friend who had 2 children, no issues conceiving/holding babies, then she had LLETZ, and after that she really struggled to conceive her 3rd. She had 4 or 5 early miscarriages. Eventually she gave birth to a healthy baby, born at 37 weeks. She was told LLETZ had nothing to do with her MCs but I’m not so sure... I don’t know all the details of her birth but she said there were no issues... hopefully that reassures you a little. :)

3. MilieWolf

MilieWolf Member