Bio oil!!

charlotte89

Reaction score
hi ladies , bit of a pointless thread but just thought id tell you all incase you were wondering what to start using in your second trimester for stretch marks...

Bio Oil has been like a god send to me , i started using it going into my second trimester, morning and night and im so glad i did, i am now 29 weeks and 3 days pregnant and dont see one single strecth mark .

So to any of you who are wondering what to use, it might be different for all women dont get me wrong but this has not let me down yet :love:

:preg: 29 weeks 3 days :blue:

I second that. I used it in my first pregnancy & no stretch marks at all. Was worried as I am petite & was sure all that stretching would mean terrible stretch marks but none! Have just started using it again now, it is expensive compared to other creams etc but worth it IMO :)

I second that. I used it in my first pregnancy & no stretch marks at all. Was worried as I am petite & was sure all that stretching would mean terrible stretch marks but none! Have just started using it again now, it is expensive compared to other creams etc but worth it IMO :)

hi lucy , glad im not the only one! :) i was still small especially round the waist and tummy when i fell pregnant so i was petrified lol yeah it isnt cheap but when it comes to ya body ya dont mind payin for the good stuff :) xx

Think it's kind of a pregnancy staple! I'd be surprised if anyone wasnt using it lol.

I use it every night and moisturise every morning. not got any new ones where Ive been applying it but some phantom lines have appeared on my legs pffft

aww :( i have tiny white ones on my legs on the inside and a few on me bum but ones like those just go when the weight does. to be honest im not bothered so long as i dont get any on my tummy :) x

ive been using bio oil and coco butter stretch mark cream from 4weeks pregnant and im not 34+2. Ive had a few stretch marks on my hips and inner thighs from about 29/30weeks.
If your prone to get them you properly will regardless of the amount of cream you put on.

Im still applying it because im hoping itll reduce the redness quicker, But i think ill get a few more before i end up giving birth. x

ive been using bio oil and coco butter stretch mark cream from 4weeks pregnant and im not 34+2. Ive had a few stretch marks on my hips and inner thighs from about 29/30weeks.
If your prone to get them you properly will regardless of the amount of cream you put on.

Im still applying it because im hoping itll reduce the redness quicker, But i think ill get a few more before i end up giving birth. x

i dont know about the coco butter cuz i havnt tried it :eh: but bio oil has been good to me so far yeah :) i think most people tend to get those white lines on their thighs, i have lil ones and on the inside of me legs at the top and bum but they go when the weight does, sorry to hear that! it is the pink and red ones that are the devil arent they :( it is just one of those things though yeah x

i have been using creams but im going to pick some bio oil up this weekend, they sell it in primark now ive noticed! xxx

Yeah imnot hugely bothered atm as its only a few. And my belly is fine atm.
I really hope i dont get any on my bump. I can handle my hips and thighs lol. I had a tattoo on ribs down to my hip so one side if covered lol.

Im sure theyll fade in time xx

you sound like me ! lol im only bothered about them getting on my stomach or anythin lol :shock: i have a big tattoo up my side and around my lower belly and slightly down me right hip and abit at the top of me leg so im covered on that side! haha x

rebecca89 make sure the one in priark is a genuine bio oil, theres one out at the minute called rescue oil , they rekon its got the same ingredients in as the bio oil but i doubt it as bio oil is nearly 20 pound to buy in shops and this rescue oil is a quid!?:shakehead: its everyones own choice i suppose i just dont think its worth the risk when it comes to your body x

Ive seen it in primark aswell its real bio oil the small bottles. Its up with all the travel toiletries they have started doing! xx

really? how cheap? i usually get the 200 ml one which is nearly 20quid aint it :roll: xx

Its about £5 quid ish i think! i didnt end up buying it.

Theres a deal on groupon atm for boi oil!! xx

thats not too bad i suppose is it. not to sure how much the small one is in shops as iv always bought the big one.

great thanks il look on there x

Ive been using bio oil in the eveing and the Cussons Bump Cream every morning (it smells amazing). I dont have any stretch marks yet, but my Mum didnt get any with me or my sister so hoping she has passed on the stretchy skin genes :)

Ive been using bio oil in the eveing and the Cussons Bump Cream every morning (it smells amazing). I dont have any stretch marks yet, but my Mum didnt get any with me or my sister so hoping she has passed on the stretchy skin genes :)

i know what you mean about the cream, i used this in my first trimester as well :D (slightly obsessed i think) lol but thats the same as my mum, she had none with me so lets keep our fingers crossed eh :love:

Bio oil is too greasy for my skin, cocco butter is rubbish
I foubd aveno cream ladt time as got no new ones (4 th pregnancy) but tbh i put on a few lb under the stone and a half i normally do do could have been that, i used it everywhere, great on legs, and skin feels soft the next morning!! I need to start using it again this time now, as im 15 weeks now.

I do think if your going to get them with your own skin type, you will get them, ask your mums if you can what theres were like , it should mostly follow, mine only appeared in last 6 weeks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back