Bilateral uterine notching on doppler -placenta issues

Loubalouba

Reaction score
Hi

I just wondered if anyone has suffered with placental insufficiency during pregnancy or been told they have bilateral notching on the uterine artery flow of the placenta and a high Pi

Any success stories?

Did anyone do anything or find anything that helped baby to grow? The consultant says there is little I can do! But I wonder about getting the right balance of exercise and rest and how important that could be.

We lost our little boy at 36 weeks due to this and it looks like I have the same issue again with this baby.. Plus it's an IVF baby so you are more likely to have placenta issues apparently! I just can't loose another baby I really can't! They have said we won't because of close monitoring and early delivery but I am still scared of my baby not growing and developing properly!

Thanks

Lou x

Hi Lou, I have no experience of this but suffered chronic villitus in my first pregnancy which meant my placenta was inflamed and not working. Had no idea until after she was delivered and she was small gestational age, very battered due to low fluids and a few other issues. I am considered high risk with this pregnancy as it may happen again. I know it's not the same but for me I have a daily dose of asprin to increase blood flow from placenta to baby incase it starts failing and baby's progress will be monitored closely from 28 weeks. Baby may need to be delivered early if there is sign of placental failure. Really hoping things go well for you and I am sure drs will do everything for best outcome.

Lou I have read another post about this earlier this week, I'm not sure if it was on this forum or on fertility friends. Will see if I can find it.

Hi Lou, I have no experience of this but suffered chronic villitus in my first pregnancy which meant my placenta was inflamed and not working. Had no idea until after she was delivered and she was small gestational age, very battered due to low fluids and a few other issues. I am considered high risk with this pregnancy as it may happen again. I know it's not the same but for me I have a daily dose of asprin to increase blood flow from placenta to baby incase it starts failing and baby's progress will be monitored closely from 28 weeks. Baby may need to be delivered early if there is sign of placental failure. Really hoping things go well for you and I am sure drs will do everything for best outcome.

Thank you x is your little girl ok now? Yes I am on aspirin and having growth scans from 24 weeks so I know they are doing all they can I am just scared of baby not growing and having a very premature baby. Wishing you well with your pregnancy, my consultant said aspirin makes a big difference so hopefully it changes both of our experiences! Good luck xx

Lou I have read another post about this earlier this week, I'm not sure if it was on this forum or on fertility friends. Will see if I can find it.

That would be great thank you x

It is on Fertility friends, under general pregnancy chat entitled artery notching.

Hi Lou, my daughter is doing fine now. I was very concerned for a long time the impact it has on her. She seems to be growing and developing fine though and has reached all her milestones. Baby number two was growing fine at 20 week scan. My next scan is 21st Dec. From what I have read the asprin really does seem to help. Been told I will not be allowed past my due date this time. Also getting myself prepared incase baby needs to be delivered early. One of the girls at a group I take my daughter to just had a baby delivered 4 weeks early due to failing placenta. Both are doing well. Wishing you all the best in your pregnancy too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back