Bigger Baby Each Time

Rooander

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if the saying is true that your babies get bigger at birth each one you have.
My son was 8lb 5 and was wondering does that mean this one will be bigger than that at birth?

i happend that way with me, my daighter was 7,2 and my son was 7,7

Hiya Rooander

In my experience it all varies. It does seem to be the case that babies are bigger second time round, though I don't know of any research that supports this. Don't worry about it though as your body has been through childbirth before and should have an easier, quicker time second time around.

Good Luck

Kieren

Hiya...

I dont think that always happens, well it certainly didnt with me. My first born was a whopping 9lb, hes now a very fit and healthy 19 year old and is 6 foot 4, he never stopped growing!!! Then I had all girls, 8 6, 8, 6, 7 4, 8 4.

Im hoping this time for a nice dainty 6lb..please....!!!

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi ya,

My first born he was 6lb 10oz , and my second boy was 8lb 11oz. So i am expecting an even bigger baby this time round.

Me and my Mum both have babies that get smaller, I was one of three and each one was about half a pound less than the last.

My first was 8lb 9oz and my second was 8lb 3oz so hoping for a dinky one third time round!!!!

Did anyone see Desperate Midwives last night?

A lady gave birth to (I think) her 3rd or 4th baby, and it was 10lb 4oz!!!! :shock:

The funny thing was it didn't seem to be a particularly tough labour or anything (well they may hve cut bits out). She was having a home birth and it all looked very relaxed! She wasn't even particularly large - the size of the baby came as a complete surprise to her and the midwives!!

It made me realise that a small baby may not mean an easier labour as I'd previously thought :(

I would have thought if anything a second child is more likly to be smaller than a first, cause first borns are more commonly later than the due date, so get to get a bit more growing done!
My sister in law was nearly 2 weeks late with her first daughter, and just had her second little girl 3 weeks early! needless to say she was a couple of pounds lighter.
Rooander, was your first child on time, early or late?

Hi Cat, he was 16 days overdue. And then they induced me.

There you go then thats prob why he was quite a big boy, a lot more growing time!
I think 'when' they were born is a bigger factor in determining baby size.
Perhaps Kelly, Ragna and Kerry, you could share, out of your children, which were born early, late or on time?

My first - the biggest one was 4 days past due date.

My second - the smallest was 12 days past due date.

Sorry to cock up the theory!!! :?

First was a boy second a girl if that may mean anything !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gzmndrea
Back