BIG-up NHS Direct!

LucyBee

Reaction score
Have to say that I think the NHS Direct service is brilliant.
I've phoned them quite a few times over the past year and they are always SOOOOoooo nice and so helpful and reassuring.
Also great that you know they are there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
God there are so many things that are wrong with this country at the moment but I think the NHS Direct is one thing that is flipping great!

I totally agree. I've phoned them at 3am about Poppy and they were really helpful. It's great to know that you can phone them at any time of the day.

When I had really bad sickness early on with this pregnancy I phoned them, they were brilliant and had me 'sorted' that night.

I am going to be the odd one out here.

I've phoned them twice - first time was when we were on holiday in Butlins and we all got sick. Lydia was only about 18 months old and she was projectile vomiting all over the place and she kept falling over, and I was pregnant at the time aswell and I was projectile vomiting too, so I rang them and they spent AGES passing me backwards and forwards to people and then basically told me I was being over-anxious and that I had wasted their time.
As it was we were so bad that we had to leave Butlins a day early, and I had to drive all the way back to Leeds, whilst stopping all the way back to be sick.

Second time was fairly recent. Lydia bashed her head and then started vomiting and crying, so I rang them, and they more or less said "is that her I can hear? She sounds alright. She'll be fine".

So I thought they were not very helpful. Okay so they were right, we WERE all okay in the end, but they were not very reassuring - instead they made me feel like a bad person for phoning.

they are brilliant up until they put me onto a doctor to speak to who hung up on me :shock: :x

Totally agree Lucy :clap:
The 2 times I have rang them they have been fantastic. The first time was with Dan when he was really ill and they sent an ambulance to pick him up. The second time he had fell off the sofa and hit his head, they were very helpful and reassuring. It's great to know that they are there if you need them :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back