BIG BIG THANK YOU TO KIEREN THE MIDWIFE ONLINE!!!!!!!

-Cat-

Reaction score
I just want to say a great big thanks the keiren, known to many of you on here as midwife_online. I was In the chatroom here this morning, and asked about the pain in my calf which I just assumed was a pulled muscle. He alerted me to the possibility that it could be DVT (a potentially fatal condition) something I had not even considered, and probably wouldnt have done had he not have mentioned it! Well I had an appointment to see an anaethitist this afternoon and while I was there I mentioned this pain to her, she checked it out and then got th obstiatrician to fit me in quickly to have a look. They both said that it looked to be DVT and called though to the EADU unit and anti-coagulent nurse in the main hospital. I have been given needles to give myself daily anti-coagulent drugs and shown how to inject myself. I have to go back on Friday to have a scan to confirm if it is DVT and if so they will set out a course of treatment for me for the rest of my pregnancy. It has been a very traumatic afternoon as I had no idea this could be the problem. I have been given instructions on what to do know and everyone has been really helpfull. The Nurse said it was good to catch this early as otherwise the clot can break and travel upto my lungs etc and cause major problems). Im still rather shaken by everything and Im comforting myself with chocolate, but I just wanted to say thank you so much to Kieren, without you this could have gone untreated and proved a lot worse!

I love this forum, I dont know where I would be without it.

Hi Cat,

I am so glad you will be ok, I was in the chat room yesterday when you were enquiring about it and I was thinking about you this morning, hurrah to Kieren!

Best wishes,

Sarah x

Awww I'm so glad you are okie now Cat and caught it early - god bless Kieran eh! :D

How's the jabs going? That would scare me :( (I am a wimp with needles dispite having about 10 samples taken from me sionce being PG - still not getting better!)

(((((((Cat))))))))

Glad that you are ok. I too am on Heparin injections because of a previous DVT, from week 7 and for the rest of the pregnancy. Good thing is that you dont know how to worry bout any chance of a DVT. Have they given you the sexy stockings yet???

Glad everything is ok and Keiran was so vigilant.

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Ranga, thanks for your reply, luckily when I went in for the ultra sound on my leg it turned out to be a false alarm. so I have been some what relived. Those injections hurt! I must admit I do keep getting paranoid everytime I feel short of breath or get any chest pains or leg pains. I think its probably cause they never really identified what was wrong with my leg, the pain just went away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back