Big Baby

Coley

Reaction score
HI everyone. Today I went to my 30 wk prenat appt.( I go Wkly) and I just thought I would share how it went.
I have GD but have yet to get put on insulin . :lol: I had to give my self 3 shots a day with dd. And I thought today would be the day he would put me back on it. My readings had been a lot lot higher this wk. But I lucked out and he told me I could go another wk and see what happens. :lol: My blood pressure is a bit higher then it should be, but not high enough to worry doc says. He did say that I could have a 9lb+ baby though. :shock: :shock: :shock: And I have to say I am a bit worried. That is a big baby!
Just wanted to let everyone know how things in my preg are going. I hope more people start sharing a little more, I would love to hear more details about your pregnancys.

Oh, by the way! I know a lot of you are in England or around there, so could you help me on the time difference! It is 3 p.m. here in Ohio, so what time would it be there? I hate to sound stupied but I have no idea.
Thanks alot. Coley

Hi! Think it would have been about 8'o' clock in the evening here when you posted yesterday- you're about 5 hours behind I think...

I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow and am also huge though I don't have GD.... I wasn't showing at all and then wham huge baby belly all at the front people keep asking if I'm having twins (which I'm not). I get midly paranoid but the midwife sayys I'm perfect size , just that baby is a big un (well she said long one - apparently much better to give birth to a long baby than a wide one!). At my 28 week appt she said she thought it would definately be over 8lbs - I have another appt in 2 weeks I wonder what she'll say then......

And I bought a pram yesterday wahoo - the Jane slalom matrix travel system three wheeler , i just love it. cant wait to try it out!!

My husband was 0ver 9 1/2lbs as were his three brothers and sisters his poor mum!!

Good luck with your next appt- hope your bump doesnt go to crazy!

im realy jelous every one seems to have realy nice midwifes i dont like mine atall she dont talk to me just listens to the heart beat mesures my belly asks if the babys moving then sends me on my way shes never mentioned weight of the baby never weighed my since i have been preg never mentioned the word labour and iv gave up on asking her questions as every answer is "oh im not sure" i asked her at my apt 2weeks ago if the baby will be ok as i have mumps at the moment and her answer was im not sure.. shes never mentioned it since i then told her i was having real trouble going the loo she said i just have to grin and bare it but its giving me terrible pains :cry:

any way anough about my horrible midwife my belly messures 33cm from the top of my pubic bone to the top of my uturus any idea what yours is? its also got a fast heart beat to which the old wives tales say its a girl :D

Dionne-I'm really sorry you have such an unhelpful midwife. I think you have sufficient cause to be alarmed and need reassurance with your mumps. If she isn't sure she should damn well find out for you! Have you got a GP that you can see? I would be going to him with all your questions and don't leave until you get some answers! Also, can you switch midwives? This one seems abit incompetent. It is the midwives job to be knowledgable with all things regarding pregnancy and if they dont know they should refer you to someone who does. Also you should be discussing the labour and what to expect ect ect by now. I hope you get some service soon!
Good luck :)

i no its a nightmare!
im going to see about changing midwifes il let you no what the out come is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back