Big baby

katastrophic

Reaction score
Anyone had/having a big baby? I have to see the consultant and go for another scan as midwife thinks I have a big'un! I have heard plenty of horror stories about big babies and wondered how Mums have coped with the birth and at what size they normally opt for a c-section? Got my fingers crossed its water retention but as bump has shrunk in the last week as I have been resting I've got a feeling its all me and baby!

Thanks ladies,

Kat x

at 29weeks i was measuring 36 weeks they were so concerned of the size of my belly i was sent for a scan to fine the baby was a lil small for my dates :shock: and i was carrying to much water :roll:

and as a result i would prob give birth early and i did at 35 wks harley was 6lb
but would have been about 9lb+ if i was fullterm HV said my uterus just couldnt cope

zack was big but didnt know it until I gave birth. He was 9lb 10 and 1/2.

VERY painfull, but i guess labour is anyway, and he was my first so couldnt compair. The labour was 10 hours long and contractions werent coming as they should, but they said that was probably due to the fact i was induced. I had a small bump, so I though id have a small baby. But obviously that wasnt the case. I was all baby.

He didnt fit into newborns :( that was the only downside I had.

Good luck hun xx

I went for a scan last Saturday and was told he is already a big boy. :shock:

No-one has mentioned anything about seeing a consultant though. :? I'll have a word with the midwife when I see her next Tuesday.

i had hannah at 36 weeks and she was 10lb 4oz lol

I was told that Aimee was gonna be a big baby for weeks. About 10lb they said, she was 8lb 11oz so they don't always get it right! Jess was only 6lb 11oz and i did feel the 2lb. Plus Aimees head was almost 5cms bigger.

mary70 said:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

and im sure so many people have asked but.... were your dates defo right?????

i had jess at 39 weeks plus 5 days and she was 9lb 3oz. It was a section and the reason for surgery was failure to progress. I think in depends on your size as well.

matthew was 11 days late and was 9lb 1oz he had a big head and got stuck, but i think it hurts whatever size my friend had a 5lb 9oz baby and still had a forcep delivery and episiotmy!

Jamie was 9lbs 14oz, yes it hurt like hell, espcially as his head got stuck but then small babies can get stuck too & as for the pain I don't have anything to compare it to as he is my first.

He is very tall now, my friends baby is 5 months & Jamie is taller than her at 2 months old :shock: he's grown out of alot of his clothes & he's now in 3-6 month vests & they are getting a bit neat!, but then his Dad is 6'5" and i'm 5'6" so he was never going to be a short arse :lol:

I weighed 5 1/2 lbs when I was born & tore my Mum then she started to haemorrhage so size probably doesn't pay a huge part into what may happen.

my 1st was 9lb 4oz
2nd was 8lb 11oz
3rd was 7lb 6oz

all by c-section and was told each time that mine were going to be big, think if i had of gone full term with babies 2&3 they may have been over 9lb too!

hazzaboo, how come you didnt go full term with 2&3. Were you given an elective section with them? Im being told my no 2 will probably be too big, bigger than my 9lb 3 so im going for a section. At the moment.

my 1st emily was 2wks late, when i went into labour the silly midwife kept turning me from knees to bk etc and emily got stuck.

in the end they rushed me down for a c-section.

baby 2 - harry i was booked in for c-section 3wks b4 his due date. but i went into labour the day b4 my section anyway. went into hospital and straight in for c-section.

again baby 3 - jamie was booked in for section and little tinker wanted to come early!! he was about 4wks early! I do think this was down to the fact i was stressed to the MAX!

was moving house, look after 2 kids all day N night, had nowhere to live at the time, needed new car etc etc etc

but the day b4 jamie was born, i found a house we loved (rented), picked my new car up and exchanged contracts on the house!! so i put the fact i went into labour that night down to my stress!! lol

mary70 said:

:shock: :shock: Had to cross my legs when I red that :?

You poor woman, omg... I hate to think what thatw as like :(

yes my dates were right i was induced due to pre eclampcia and she needed scbu because she was prem for her breathing and feeding

Lydia was 18 days overdue and she was 10lbs 10oz.
I had to be induced...stubborn child refused to come out lol!
She got stuck so they gave me a tiny episiotomy, but then she was still stuck so they cut me a bit more, and then I tore anyway. 3rd degree tear. I had an epidural though so by this point I couldn't feel the pain thank goodness.

Oh God I wish I had never asked! Terrified now!

My sister had a 6lb little girl and tore inside and out! I was only 5lb myself and my Mum said "never again"!

I am nearly 5ft 10in and daddy is 6ft so maybe its natural to have a bigger baby, fingers crossed everything else is proportionally bigger or I will definitely only be having the one and my OH will lose a vital part of his anatomy as recompense!!!

In terms of c-section and tearing which takes longer to recover from, weighing up my choices!?!?

Thanks for sharing....

Kat x

Kaiden was early and he was 8lb11oz if i had went over like alot of 1st pregnancys then he would have been about 10lb 2oz, so thank god he came when he did. It was quite sore delivering him as i had a natural birth, but my gran had a 15lb baby and coped without drugs and the expertise we have these days, bodies are amazing things youl get him out XkelX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back