Big baby & back to back

bethanyann

Reaction score
I'm currently 40+6, saw midwife today & baby is measuring way above the top line (she thinks 9.5/10lb) and is also back to back. I'm in agony with SPD so she sent me straight to hospital for monitoring, growth scan & to see consultant. Got to hospital, they monitored me for 1/2 hour said trace was fine so there was nothing they would do...I'll just have to grin & bear it through labour & they'll intervene if the baby becomes too distressed by the experience. I'm booked for a home birth & they said I can still go through with it, if I think I can cope. I dont know what to do, I'm so scared now!!

I dont think mws can predict accuratly tbh. I was told i would have big babies but boys were 8 lbs and 8 lb 6 oz, they were just long.
I.had back to.back labour, 2 hours on just g&a, its doable"

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Did the mw discuss optimal fetal positioning? Google it and give it a go.

Im the same hun.. My lil boy is still back to back and they have estimated him to be about 9/10lbs if full term.

There are ways to try and get them to turn.. think its on all fours and u do the rocking motion. And bouncey balls spose to help aswell.

I think with back to back we will find alot of contractions in lower back aswell as stomach.. OUCHIEEE!!

Goodluck hun, how ur not in to much pain when the day arrives! xx

Thanks everyone! Been on birthing ball for hours every night for weeks, but not done all fours - will try that tonight!

Knopk - thanks for sharing, that's really good to know!

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/bir...-long-day-alyssa-may-vaughan-birth-story.html

this is my birth story from my DD
she was 10lb 14oz and back to back so i thought it might come in handy for some real experience of it. i was 40+3 when i went into labour and she was born 23 hours later, cocodamol til 9cm dialated, epidural was a waste of time i made them stop trying after 4 tries as it was too late for it, gas and air was amazing tho. i had a local anaesthetic down there for the episiotomy and a shot of diamorphine that i didnt feel any effect from.

needless to say im not overly looking forward to doing it again but im also not ovrly dreading it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back