BFP turned into BFN within 1hr ?

sunshineray

Reaction score
I did a test with FMU and there was a faint line..it was pink and visible without squinting but taking a pic proved difficult as didnt show up as obvious as it looks in person

14536690_1677543892563332_1409454068_o.png.jpg

Anyway the line showed up straight away and got slightly darker after a few more mins...I was amazed and kept staring at it in disbelieve, I mustve kept looking at it for about 20-30 minutes and kept taking pics ect

But after about 40mins to an 1hr I went back to look at it and the line had faded
I decided to use my second(last) frer but this time used SMU and that too was negative...

Im hoping that it was negative as SMU isn’t as concentrated as FMU but what the hell happened with the first test? :shock:

Could be Evap but imho frers are not worth the hype or the money. I had my bfp on a cheapie from home bargains and did a digi two days after that I got on a three packs deal on eBay worth just one in the shop x

If it came up straight away and was obviously pink i'd be surprised if it was an evap.. I've had a fader before, it flashed up, was incredibly faint then disappeared within half an hour. I am very much pregnant so it was either an off test or just really diluted wee.. Good luck to you, i'd try testing again after a decent hold! xx

I agree with JD don't think frers are worth it I would rather spend the same amount of money on a clear blue digi that says in black and white if your pregnant or not, not needing to worry about line strength etc. I always test with the one step cheapies you get online first and if there's any hint of a line I get a digi to try the next day.

I have gotten in well with FRER myself. You are suposed to read the test within the time limit and not after so that is a BFP. It is faint but I can see the line. Sometimes the dye pools in the line slightly as it passes over which can make it look positive for a couple of seconds and then go negative but yours stayed long enough to be a real line. A positive line will quite often dry much lighter(on any brand test) so it seems likely that it just dried which made it too light to see. Its not an evap because evaps are caused by the test drying out so don't show up quickly. I'd say the only slight possibly is that it is a true false positive. False positives, unlike evaps, are rare though. It is said that when using super sensitive tests lke FRER they can pick up non pregnant levels of hcg in some women. Like I say that is pretty unlikely. I wouldn't worry about the second test being BFN if you used a different urine sample.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back