BFP on First Response yesterday, BFN on Boots today

ams25

Reaction score
What is going on :( I got a BFP on FRER yesterday which was faint buy appeared within 1 minute. Did a Boots test this morning expecting a BFP and it's negative! What's going on ? :( could it be chemical pregnancy? I'm only 11dpo and would be due AF today or tomorrow so I guess it will be a case of just wait and see won't it :( I have no more tests to use! Feeling very disheartened and sad xxx

I've done a basic Google. Frer seems to be about 12.5 in sensitivity where boots range from 25 - 50 depending on the test. So it's most likely that. Or as mentioned in your other post your pee was too dilute.

Aw thankyou Eryinera that gives me some hope. I am very early for testing at all at 11dpo. Just want this baby so much!

Debating completely torturing myself and getting a Clear blue digi on my way to work this morning... but Il be on the 3rd wee of the day by then so perhaps not the best idea. Tomorrow morning is so far away! Xx

Good luck!! I would try and wait for the morning if you can as you'll get the most accurate result then - I know it's easier said than done but if you do it before and it's negative you'll probably only end up buying anything one anyway. Fingers crossed for you!!

A cb digi I think are only 25mlu so I'd avoid testing with that without fmu. If anything get another frer and hold your wee for a good few hours and do that today if you can't wait until tomorrow (which I couldn't)! As eryinera says boots are no where near as sensitive as frers so that is most likely why you got the bfn. Try not to get disheartened, good luck and let us know!

Big thanks girls for calming me down :)

So I got another test, which i know was naughty but it was driving me mad, i intended to get another FRER but they were out of stock, so got an Asda one and a CB digi and did them both together... very faint line on the Asda and Pregnant 1-2 on the digi... yayyyyy! :) going to conclude that the boots tests are just rubbish! And I promise to stop testing now.

Thanks again everyone xxx

congratulations!! That's great news. Will know to steer clear of boots own brand lol. :lol:

Yay congratulations so glad it was the test and you got your bfp. Hehe xx

Yay congrats Ams!!!!! Such exciting news! :cheer:

Yep avoid clearblue! I got a very faint positive on frer but wasn't convinced it had colour so got a clearblue digi and plus. Both were negative! So I put the frer result down as being an evap. Was only 4 days later when I got another frer and more digis did I finally enough positives to convince me I was pregnant!

Oh that's reassuring Lynds! You were very restrained to wait 4 days lol. My hubby has banned me from buying any more tests! I've spend £20 on them this week it's ridiculous, ive got 1 more clearblue to hopefully see a 2-3 next week then no more! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back