BFP and my hen do next month

Becks blue? Alcohol free kopparbergs? Just pour into a glass and bin the evidence before anyone notices. Your friends won't know the difference. Failing that create your own "hen" labels to disguise the word alcohol free! X

Personally I'd go with the antibiotics route. Least that way you don't have to try and be sneaky all night long, you wont be relaxed at all, you'll have to lie all night too. Id imagine girls will try to get you to drink more too being you're the hen! Least with the anti-bi story you can say it once and relax for the rest of the night :)

Don't forget that you can't use jacuzzi or saunas and that they don't offer a majority of the treatments to pregnant women - mani and pedi is fine though. Antibiotics is a good shout... I think that there's no way to avoid suspicion unfortunately as most people would skip the antibiotics for the hen!! Xx

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I think your do is a bit too intimate for you to be able to hide it. You won't be able to do many of the treatments etc at the spa and it'll be too obvious when it's just a small group in a lodge. Plus .... you could be feeling pretty damn awful at that stage as well!
Good luck xx

Last edited:
I went on a hen do when I was 8 weeks - only 8 of us and it was a spa day as well as weekend stay in a hotel, cocktails, dancing you name it!
I didn't tell anyone and luckily I don't get morning sickness so it wasn't obvious in that sense. My sis in law became suspicious when I didn't drink a shot one lunch time but other than that I got away with it by having little sips of drinks - have a straw then people can't see how much you're drinking.
I brought my own drinks so got vodka and lemonade without the vodka!
The spa was fine I just avoided the sauna and steam but got in and out of the Jacuzzi and kept dipping in the pool and going for a wee etc.

The toughest part was not being able to eat when I wanted to! I tend to snack a lot and the rest of the group hardly ate! I was tired but not extreme at that stage.

I will say I wasn't centre of attention so that helped and I could blend in slightly without people noticing I wasn't drinking (I'm a big drinker normally).

I think if you say antibiotics it will make everyone suddenly think you're pregnant as that happened to one of the girls on the hen do. She said she had a tooth infection and couldn't drink. We all just presumed she was pregnant but she actually wasn't lol

Mrst2011 - it's recommend you don't use a Jacuzzi - they should have a sign up near it prohibiting pregnant women using due to the risks - I know it won't always cause issues but I would hate myself if it did given the warnings. I have a spa hen to attend in a month so I'll just use the pool and have a mani pedi :(

NHS stance :

e63da944f633876c7d152dd0e9b53471.jpg

Tri jumping but personally I'd tell them you're on antibiotics so can't drink but tell them you'll still have a cheeky few then lime n lemonade instead of vodka, tonic water with no gin, etc etc, it's less likely to arouse suspicion as they'll think you're having some but it gets you out of the heavy drinking and having to explain not been drunk x

Mrst2011 - it's recommend you don't use a Jacuzzi - they should have a sign up near it prohibiting pregnant women using due to the risks - I know it won't always cause issues but I would hate myself if it did given the warnings. I have a spa hen to attend in a month so I'll just use the pool and have a mani pedi :(

Forgot to mention it was a cool jacuzzi - I didn't use the hot one!
Luckily for me the hen couldn't use the hot one as it affects her eyes and they had a pool temp one so was just bubbles basically.

The minute anyone says 'antibiotics' or infection on our nights out we always think pregnant. I would just pretend as much as u can! 'Lose' any drinks bought for u. Just leave them on random tables, go to the bar order a lime and lemonade and get a straw and ask them to put it in a normal glass ask for a straw too. Everyone will be pissed before u know it and won't notice it's only the first couple of drinks. Can u tell one person so they can help u and be your wingman drink ur shots for u?! Or u can pour things in their drink. Good luck xx

Congratulations belief xx

I'd tell ur best friend and try hide it from everyone else. I know me n my friends would automatically think 'prego' if the hen wasn't drinking.

Hope you have a lovely hen and wedding xx

I like your idea of having a shloer filled wine bottle. If there's not loads of hens I would consider buying them all a bottle of wine and putting a name label on each saying its a gift from your oh or something

I'd always be suspicious of anyone saying they're on antibiotics

Last edited:
You'll be 12 weeks by the time the wedding comes so hopefully coming out the other side of feeling grim and getting energy back lol. You may sail through your first tri feeling fine mind you, I never felt awful enough to stop me doing anything.
It's not the end of the world if people guess at your hen, the main thing is to go, relax and enjoy it, don't spend your time being anxious trying to hide it, they are your your friends after all xx

Facial is fine! Should be nice and relaxing! Honesty is your best way forward - if they are good friends then they will keep secret and if anything happens (hopefully not) they will be there to comfort you. - Tell them and enjoy your day not having to worry about it! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back