BFP after chemical last month, low betas...

emcayo

Reaction score
I had a very disappointing chemical last month after TTC for 17 months. Now I am pregnant again, but my 14dpo beta hcg was only 55 which the nurse said was a little low. So now I'm readying myself (and husband) for another chemical. This level is higher than last month by double, but still when researching online it seems like all women have hcg levels 150+ at this point. Already sad about this and don't even want to get second betas done on Thursday.

Has anyone else had numbers like these and gone on to have a normal pregnancy? I feel like I'm being punished, or the butt of a cruel joke by the universe. Dangling these positive HPTs in my face and ripping them out of my hands a few days later.

Firstly, sorry for your loss. I know first hand how heartbreaking it is.

I've no first hand experience with low betas but I have done a lot of reading around them. Some women can have clinical low betas but go on to have a normal and healthy pregnancy. Each woman is different and so will the hcg, it's not so much what the numbers are but more that they double every 48 hours. So, as long as your betas at least double by your next draw there is nothing to say that you can't and won't have a healthy pregnancy.

Keep us posted, wishing you lots of luck xxx

Firstly, sorry for your loss. I know first hand how heartbreaking it is.

I've no first hand experience with low betas but I have done a lot of reading around them. Some women can have clinical low betas but go on to have a normal and healthy pregnancy. Each woman is different and so will the hcg, it's not so much what the numbers are but more that they double every 48 hours. So, as long as your betas at least double by your next draw there is nothing to say that you can't and won't have a healthy pregnancy.

Keep us posted, wishing you lots of luck xxx

Thank you so much. It’s so helpful to hear from other women who have gone through something similar. Since this positive test I am truly preparing for another disapointment. It’s not fair that some women get to celebrate off the bat but we are stuck in limbo expecting the worst. The universe can be so cruel!

55 is low so it could well be another chemical. But as long as it doubles in 48hrs it doesn’t matter too much what the actual number is. Your embryo may have just implanted late. Prepare for the worst but don’t give up hope just yet x

I hope this is it for you <3 And yes I have heard of something similar turning out to be BFP! A friend of a close friend (in person since I was 11).

55 is low so it could well be another chemical. But as long as it doubles in 48hrs it doesn’t matter too much what the actual number is. Your embryo may have just implanted late. Prepare for the worst but don’t give up hope just yet x
Thanks. Getting my second levels drawn this morning and will have some clarity this evening. Preparing for the worst. At least this time I am ready for disappointment!

My latest pregnancy test is lighter midday today, which is what happened last month before the chemical. So barring a miracle which just doesn’t happen for DH and I ever, we are out again. Am I wrong to feel so bitter? We are good people. Why does this keep happening.

My latest pregnancy test is lighter midday today, which is what happened last month before the chemical. So barring a miracle which just doesn’t happen for DH and I ever, we are out again. Am I wrong to feel so bitter? We are good people. Why does this keep happening.
Emcayo just a thought have you been drinking a lot of fluids before you took the test at mid day, this would make it lighter if you have x

Thanks all--my betas went from 55 to 114 two days later, so the doc said stop testing, you are pregnant and be happy! But I am doing another beta tomorrow to follow up and see if the doubling continues. Hard for me to believe this might actually work out. :)

Yay, I'm so happy for you. People put a lot of emphasis on beta numbers, when really it's only whether they double in adequate time that really matters. A lot of things can change beta numbers like when you ovulated (if you ovulated later in your cycle), when baby implanted, how many babies are in there, and some people have naturally low hormones.

Really hope you have a sticky little bean in there. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy

Congrats, that’s really promising!! :) hopefully they’ve doubled again at your next draw! x

Betas not doubling anymore, getting ready for the miscarriage. This is the second one back to back/month to month. WHY.

Oh I'm so sorry hun :(

Hopefully you'll get some answers as to why this might be happening. Maybe visit your health practitioner and ask if he can run bloods/tests?

I'm really sorry to hear this. Xxx

I am sorry you are going through this. I would recommend seeing your dog to dig deeper. There lots of various reasons why a woman might experience pregnancy loss. As genetics is the most common reason, I would advise to do karyotyping. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back