BFN or BFP??? please help!!

Lucy

Reaction score
Sorry, I've cross posted this from the TTC forum in case anyone on this forum has used the tests and can offer any advice.

"

Hi Everyone

Just after some advice, I know you'll probably say I'm clutching at straws but after some bad news today I really feel like a night on the town but since I haven't had AF yet (which is ok cos last cycle was 45 days and I'm currently CD44) I decided to do another hpt before going heavy on the booze (these are the ones that have been recommended on another thread and are very reasonable). I did one of the tests on Tuesday but it looked different to today.. I've attached a pic below in the hope that someone else who has done one of these types of hpt can advise if they got the same or if there really is a faint 2nd pink line.

With these tests you dip into urine for 10-15 mins then leave for 3 mins and see what appears. The one in the week was white on the stick whilst the urine was being absorbed and then after a minute the 1 red line appeared and remained as 1 so it was negative. Today the two tests I've done both went slightly pink as the urine was being absorbed , then 1 solid pink line appeared then after 2 mins a v v v v faint pink line appeared.

I think these tests are v sensitve so I don't want to go and buy a clearblue or predictor test if it'll come back negative.

Anyone had any experiences with these?

Thanks

Lucy

DSC00680.JPG

Hi Lucy

I replied on the TTC thread, but just in case you didn't see it, these are most definately POSITIVE!!

Congrats!!

Yup I've used them and got my first BFP with them :D Used a First Response a day after and that came up BFP too. My initial test result was v v v faint, and came up BFP 2 days after one came up BFN.

Congratulations!!!

Thanks Rosiroo and Kim (Kim, cheers I saw your other response and replied).

I can't believe it!! I'm so excited!!

I have a question though - i'm sure I ov'd on 4th May and on Tues (which would be 20days after ov) I got a bfn, I've been taking my temps and they dropped a few days ago as well and I don't have any symptoms at all (or maybe this is normal?)

Think I'll go and get a First Response test tomorrow and if it's a BFP hopefully I'll believe it then!

Thanks ladies

Lucy

p.s if it is a positive, how do you work out how many weeks and days pg you are?

Hi Kim

Sorry for posting the replies in different forums!

I really hope you're right, that I am pg but the Predictor test I just did is negative.

I might do another one of the cheap tests in the morning, and then I guess I'll just wait for AF to appear (I came off bcp end of feb, first cycle was 45 days and I'm currently on CD44 of 2nd cycle since being off the pill).

Thanks for your advice

Lucy

Hey, well you work out how pg you are basically by going from the date of your last period. E.g I am 9 weeks 1 day and my last period started on the 25th March and I have a normal 28 day cycle.

If you look in the BFP gallery there is a pic of my first positive result which was with one of those tests you've got a BFP with.

Hi

That looks positive to me. Ignore predictor. I bought a double kit and both tests came out negative - one day period due and the other 5 days later. I bought a cheapy one from the chemist the same day and got a positive. Am now 6w4days and feeling sick to the root but very pleased.
Take care
Louise

Hi Lucy

If there are 2 pink lines no matter how faint they still mean you are pregnant. I find those sorts of tests to be quite inaccurate however. I did a clear blue test that showed positive so i went to the family planning clinic to get it confirmed and that sort of test showed negative which was confusing so the next morning i took a urine sample and dipped in another clear blue that showed positive and so went to the doctors to get it confirmed, using one of those tests also the doctor used the same urine and it showed negative. The doctor then sent it off to the lab where it came back positive. So in my experience i think you should use a clear blue as they have been more sensitive for me.

Good Luck xxx

I agree with all of the above. I got a BFN with a predictor when I was PG and I got the best results from a clear blue.

Have you tested again yet?

Keep us informed!!

congrats!!

i had the same, i ended up doing 8 HPT coz some were faint, some were strong and 2 said no

i found that the cheaper ones showed up and the more expensive omes like predictor and clear blue said no, so i re did them a week later to see what they said, then i had to do 2 docs ones coz the first one came back faint, but the second one was a BFP.

so yeah anyway, the chearper ones for me where defo the best

Hi everyone

thanks for all your replies, it's great hearing about other people's experiences with different hpts.

This morning I used the 2nd test of the predictor pack and it was negative so I've got some doubt in my mind as to the accuracy of it based on everyone's experience above but also some doubt because this is only my 2nd month off the pill my cycles are all mixed up.

However, since I did another cheap test today and it was still positive (5 in total now done) I think I'll get either Clearblue or First Response tomorrow then save it and test first thing on Tuesday morning (that's when it's most concentrated isn't it??)

Thanks again, I'll let you know how I get on

Lucy

Hi lucy,

I was the same i did clear blue *2 i did 2 first response and a predictor, all negative even thought i was 4 days late, i did a cheap £2.99 test and that was positive and to double check i did a double pack of ADSA's own ( £6.99 for 2) and they came back positive.

i honestly think that the cheaper tests are more sensitive and therefore detect better than the named ones.
The good thing is you can spend less money on the cheaper ones next time!!!
:D

Congratulations

Yvonne

Hi everyone

Well I guess I can officially be on this forum now :) !! I did a first response at lunch time (what nonsense to think I could keep it until tomorrow morning!?) and got a BFP!

I'm really nervous as its such early days.

Thanks everyone for your advice

Lucy

Hi Lucy

Congratulations, thats brill news!!! :D :D

Keep us informed to how your doing

:D :D

Hi Lucy

I replied on TTC but again

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm really pleased for you :D

No I never usd those pregnancy test but looking at the picture it looks like it's positive because there's 2 lines - ( top is darker then bottom line but still)...if you still ain' totally sure go to the store and buy :

Clearblue Easy (the digital ones) they come out and say either PEGNANT OR NOT PREGNANT so maybe that'll help you out a lot....

Let me know!

I always get the clearblue tests if i'm late, they're my favorites (if such a thing is possible!)
After the hospital got a faint positive i went home and did 2 clear blues and they were most definately positive!!!
The digital ones are also good with the positive/negative straight out answers!!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back