BFN at 12 days late for AF - LATE BFP?

Charlie12

Reaction score
Hello all :) thought I would share my situation as I have been frantically googling and can very rarely find an answer.

I am 21 years old, me and the fiance are NTNP at the moment but plan to begin TTC in the very near future. I have a regular 28-30 day cycle, the latest AF has shown up has been no longer than a week after I was due on and that was last year.

I am currently on CD42 with a BFN on CD36 very late at night with an Asda cheap test (2 strips for £1) although I saw pink dye underneath the test line it did not show through. I have not used a test without all the fancy plastic packaging before don't know if that was normal. I tested CD41 which was yesterday with the first wee of the day and got a BFN with no hint of a line.

I have had mild cramps for the past 3 days on an evening, it feels ever so slightly different to AF and I suffer from really bad period pains which usually begin the day I come on. I am waiting for AF to arrive but somehow think that she is not going to show any time soon, is my body playing tricks on me? I have had slightly sore boobs, especially my nipples and have noticed white spots on the nipples themselves rather than the areola which I don't think I have ever noticed before. My fiance also commented that my boobs looked bigger and felt fuller, although I already don't exactly have small ones already (E or F cup) but I can't say I have noticed anything extreme. I have been tired, moody and emotional. My sense of smell seems to have heightened too and are making me gag. I have a funny taste in my mouth too. I am also getting a little bit of lower backache and terrible diarrhea. My CM is dry and slightly sticky. Over the past 3/4 days I have also been getting heartburn/indigestion, mainly on an evening too, which is very unusual for me as I don't think I have ever really had it before.

I would very much like to know whichever way, being in limbo is now fun at all, however this experience is making me excited to start TTC. So as of tomorrow I will be 2 weeks late for AF. I would like to say I won't retest until CD50 where I would be 3 weeks late but it will be more than likely CD45 which is on Friday.

Sorry for the essay! Do you have any advice? Thanks in advance ladies, I wish all the baby dust in the world on you :).

Last edited:
sounds to me like you are maybe try another test in a couple of days and if its neg and af doesn't show book into doctors xx

It took me until I was 2 weeks late once to get a BFP xx hope you get some answers x

Awww girls, hearing that has definitely reassured me :)

For the past couple of nights I've been suffering from insomnia, it could be my mind going into overdrive but despite being exhausted I just cannot sleep, been having to catch up through-out the day. The taste is my mouth is absolutely foul this morning, it's like I have been drinking petrol. Also, the diarrhea is still in full force.

I don't know how to describe it but I just have that 'feeling' that something is different and something is happening. I will be testing tomorrow.

i was a nit like that before i done mine Hun but i hadn't thought the signs where pregnancy signs something just told me to do a test so i did i wasn't even due my af for another week but mine was a bfp hope you get your answers soon Hun must be awful being in limbo xx

Earlier this afternoon I have felt really bloated/stretched, as if someone was pumping me with gas and blowing me up. It suddenly came on and I've had a few waves of it since. I could feel the pressure above my belly button the most which is now tender to press. This came along with feeling sick. I really have no idea what that means as the sticky feeling appears to only appear with the pressure. Any idea's as to what that could be? I always noticed this morning whilst just sitting on sofa that my heart started racing, this happened a couple of times too.

Thanks ladies! Xxx

I had similar symptoms Hun but I got my bfp really early maybe trying testing again xx maybe give tesco tests a try they are sensitive ones xx

The doctor will usually see you and do bloods if you're 2 weeks late. Maybe make an appointment?

I definitely feel pregnant despite never have being before. I am going to test tomorrow so will update as appropriate :). I thought if I don't know either way by 3 weeks late which will be CD50 for me then I'll definitely be knocking on the drs door for a blood test and some sort of explanation. Xxx

all sounds good though Hun got my fx for you bfp x

I tested with a Clear Blue Digi today and had the words 'Not Pregnant' thrust upon me. I feel really deflated, totally had a really good feeling about today.. I even bought a scratch card I was feeling that lucky, haha I am pleased to announce I won £2! My CM has changed and become more sticky so I'm beginning to think I have skipped a period, if that is even possible. I want AF to arrive though. My fiance and I have decided we may begin our TTC journey next cycle but without mother nature doing her business I feel as if I don't know where I stand :( xxx

Also, why all the symptoms? Surely something has happened in order for me to feel like this. I thought perhaps ovulation, but that wouldn't make sense with the sticky CM, would it? Xxx

Ahh Hun your probs best going to doctors has it been 2 weeks since you were due Hun? Xx

Yeah, it has been 2 weeks and 1 day since AF was due. I'm on CD44 which is just mad. I will be making a trip to the drs next week, hopefully some light will be shed on the situ. Perhaps even a very shy little bean :) xxx

Fx for you Hun hope all goes well xx

Sorry I have not been on here in a few days. I am currently on CD48 with still no AF in sight. My CM is still dry but ever so slightly watery.

ahh Hun have you been to doctors yet? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back