BF with inverted nipples

JamsMom

Reaction score
This just didn't work with my first and I reluctantly gave up! Has anyone else got the same problem and managed to successfully BF? I know it's early days but I felt so awful and like I'd failed before so if there's anything I can learn now/do to help it would be great!!

Afraid I can't help as I don't have inverted nipples but I'm sure if you call the breastfeeding supporter they will be able to help x

Im not sure about things that can instantly help but I know they often recommend nipple piercing as a solution to inverted nipples and ladies have been able to breast feed afterwards. So you just take out the piercing for breast feeding and then pop it in afterwards.

The only issue with this is it needs a 12 month period to heal beforehand. I'm sorry i couldnt help you anymore xx

My sister-in-law had this, there is a special thing you can get to put onto your nipple which pulls it out if you are breast feeding directly. I think it is called an inverted nipple shield x

Im not sure about things that can instantly help but I know they often recommend nipple piercing as a solution to inverted nipples and ladies have been able to breast feed afterwards. So you just take out the piercing for breast feeding and then pop it in afterwards.

The only issue with this is it needs a 12 month period to heal beforehand. I'm sorry i couldnt help you anymore xx

Tried that, still flat with piercings in :lol::lol::lol: I think they're the worst version of inverted you can get. in fact, I don't think there's any nipple in there :roll:

I'll try the shield things and see if they help at all, I just don't want to fail again :(.

Have you tried an electric pump too? Instead of a hand pump?

Have you tried an electric pump too? Instead of a hand pump?

I did have to express for Jakob as he couldn't take. They stayed flat though :( this baby might work it out, I had a dream yesterday it did!!!

Hey Laides jumping on .. I have flat nipples , they do stick out from time to time, but they stay quite flat and soft, Do they usually start to stick out a bit more later in pregnancy? Id love to be able to BF Im just so worried my nipples with get in the way of that xx :holly:

Hey Laides jumping on .. I have flat nipples , they do stick out from time to time, but they stay quite flat and soft, Do they usually start to stick out a bit more later in pregnancy? Id love to be able to BF Im just so worried my nipples with get in the way of that xx :holly:

It depends if they're flat or inverted. If you pinch either side do the protrude or go onwards. If they go in they're inverted and as such it can be a bit more difficult for babies to feed. However, I'm ever the optimist that this time it will work!

Just flat should be fine as the nipple will come out as the baby feeds and as they say it's breastfeeding not nipple feeding! The baby will latch onto the aereola.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back