Bf/ff sections.

l_maclean

Reaction score
A suggestion about this came up in the feeding/nutrition section. (discussed in cos's 'I will not use formula' thread.

Some of us were wondering if this would be possible.

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I would support this if it meant that people would accept other's choices in feeding their babies without hurt feelings and misunderstandings.

Although it would further the divide between bf/ff i think it may help to lessen argumentative posts, help prevent people becoming offended or upset or feeling they cannot fully speak their mind for fear of offending.

I think its a shame its come to this, but i am not against it.

XX

Although it would further the divide between bf/ff i think it may help to lessen argumentative posts, help prevent people becoming offended or upset or feeling they cannot fully speak their mind for fear of offending.

I think its a shame its come to this, but i am not against it.

XX

I guess the benefit of it would be that those bf/ff would be able to see specific advice for them without struggling with other people's choices/opinions when they're at their most vulnerable.

I have a feeling that even with separate sections the same will happen :)

I've just posted my thoughts on the other thread, but I don't think it's necessary xx

I now think it's essential. I want somewhere to post where I won't be unfairly bashed and people won't make their own assumptions and jump to conclusions about every bloody word and exclamation mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Somewhere for support and advice from unbiased ladies.
Then if FF mums don't want to read it, they won't.

Unfortunately I agree with Hope.
I don't think seperate sections are necessary as nothing will stop the people that are offended by a bf thread from posting on it. Its awful for it to come to this. I'm a ff mummy so do tend to ignore bf threads already, but someone who is looking to be offended will post regardless of it being in a separate section x

someone who is looking to be offended will post regardless of it being in a separate section x

This I agree with completely, but how do we get around this? Is there any way? x

I think it would help guage how much advice to give/not to give for those struggling, I tend to skip a lot of the BF/ff titles as although a peer supporter and able to offer advice I never really know which context help is needed
:flower:
I do agree that is moy not help every post be constructive, but even if it helps a few posts not become heated...

I can see reasons for having specific areas, but I really don't there is a way that you can stop this from happening or regulating it. x

Unfortunately I agree with Hope.
I don't think seperate sections are necessary as nothing will stop the people that are offended by a bf thread from posting on it. Its awful for it to come to this. I'm a ff mummy so do tend to ignore bf threads already, but someone who is looking to be offended will post regardless of it being in a separate section x

The thing is, if they did that then, on purpose, it would be purposefully trolling and then the forum rules would have application.

...and a separate one for those who combine?! I don't think it's a good idea, sorry!

I have a feeling that even with separate sections the same will happen :)
The modding gets tougher when this comes into play which unfortunately now it has.

It is a shame to bring the separate sections in already to PF but it was going to happen one day. So for the sanity of the forum and you the members for whatever feeding choice you have made I hope this helps.

I have also introduced the following sections:
Combination feeding (this forum is a trial and may be removed in the future)
Weaning.

I have only managed to get a certain amount of posts over to each one so far and the others are hidden (for now). If I move a thread into the wrong section then I apologise in advance.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back