BF coming to an end

traci

Reaction score
There's hardly anything left :( I feel so rubbish about it, I cant even quench her thirst!! Nothing's helping. I've tried eating better, drinking plenty, fenugreek, expressing. I've just dried up. I'm so stressed out over other things at the mo. I just wanted the happy feeling I get from feeding Alice still.

Poor you, I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure stress can affect supply.
There are lots of experienced bfs on here, I hope they'll be able to help you out!

One or two days of staying in bed with te baby, get someone to come up and spend a couple days with you (your mum
Maybe?) to cook for you, housework, and literally just lay with your baby, eat well, drink tons of water, take 6 fenugreek tabs a day will increase your supply. Obviously it may not be possible for you to do this, but it really
Really works. Good luck! Xx

Well DH hasn't got a job any more so he could do that and my parents are coming to visit next week. I've been taking 6 fenugreek tablets a day for a while now. I think I'm putting too much pressure on myself. Maybe if I just chilled out about it something would happen!?!

Aww, I feel for you must be so stressful and a viscous circle. Stress does affect your milk so this def won't be helping. I agree with hopefulmummy maybe give it one last shot to get your supply up by doing nothing and keep putting her on the breast. You could also contact a local breast feeding group, they might have some more advice and tips x

Told DH that he's doing everything tomorrow and me and LO are gonna be lay abouts for the day! Seeing HV on Tuesday so I can get some advice from her x

That's great, let us know how you get on, and enjoy your relaxing day x

Oh! a day or two in bed with your baby sounds wonderful. Enjoy the closeness and masses of cuddles you'll have :) I really hope it works for you and also your MW can shed some light for you xxx

Well, I tried and failed! There's nothing left! :( I did my best but I couldn't stand seeing her struggling on my boob to get a tiny bit of milk. At least I gave it a good shot and she's had 3 months worth of breast milk. Thanks for everyone's help x

Sorry to hear that your milk is drying up :(

My supply was diminishing and my lactation consultant referred me to the GP for 'Domperidone' (Motillium)

It's not supposed to be prescribed to aid milk supply as it's actually some kind of gastro medication, however, the side effect is increased supply!

Anyway, after only a few days of being on them, my boobs were full and would leak - they hadn't done that before! I still had to express loads and often got 250mls in one sitting, first thing in the morning!

I live in Australia so the medication is probably called something else in the UK, but if your GP knows you've done everything you can, I'm sure he/she would prescribe it!

Good luck! :)

Ah that's a shame, bet your gutted but least you gave it your best shot and 3 months of breast milk is brilliant for Alice, lots of women stop around 3-4 months anyway, I did with my dd as I went back to work and so I dried up. Maybe look into the medication lucialeek mentioned, never heard of it before though.

Sorry to hear that your milk is drying up :(

My supply was diminishing and my lactation consultant referred me to the GP for 'Domperidone' (Motillium)

It's not supposed to be prescribed to aid milk supply as it's actually some kind of gastro medication, however, the side effect is increased supply!

Anyway, after only a few days of being on them, my boobs were full and would leak - they hadn't done that before! I still had to express loads and often got 250mls in one sitting, first thing in the morning!

I live in Australia so the medication is probably called something else in the UK, but if your GP knows you've done everything you can, I'm sure he/she would prescribe it!

Good luck! :)

Nope - it's called the same thing - maybe worth an ask.

Xxx

I am not sure they would prescribe galactagogues, its the last resort I think.

Tracihun,dont feel bad about it,I had terrible amount of guilt when I started topping up but the main thing is for you and lo being happy.I still mix feed (boob first then formula) but I feel so much better knowing he is not hungry

I feel ok about today. See gp and HV yesterday and they both said she's had breast milk over the winter months and that's the best time to build up immunities. I feel more relaxed now and I know at least on formula she'll get enough milk. I think I've come to terms with it x

Awww sorry to hear this but as the HV said you have done your best and given her enough time to build on her immunities well done you! x

So sorry to hear this but the ladies are right you've done the very best by ur baby so don't feel bad about it I think mine is starting to dry up too so I'm gonna give the fenugreek a try I think.. I had to give up after two weeks with my first two and I'm so happy I've got this far.. Don't beat yourself up over it hun :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back