Best soother for after birth

twinkle90

Reaction score
So with my last recovery, I kinda let nature do its thing and didn't use anything to help ease pain apart from paracetamol and meds given from the hospital. Is their anything I can buy that will help sooth any pain incase I have stitches again? Kinda felt like I didn't enjoy the first few weeks as was so scared of tearing the stitches out etc. Xx

Arnica tablets are supposed to be good for healing.

I used drops of lavender and tea tree oil on maternity pad. Was amazing! They say put it in bath too, I didn't have a bath last time but do this time so will def be doing this too xx

I used drops of lavender and tea tree oil on maternity pad. Was amazing! They say put it in bath too, I didn't have a bath last time but do this time so will def be doing this too xx

Did you use pure Lavender and Tea Tree Oil, or watered down?

Salt water and tea tree oil in bath helped me, plus some time each day without a pad on to let the air get to it.

Put some witch hazel on a pad and put in freezer. It's amazing.

For the hospital, put some witch hazel in the fridge and get someone to bring it in when they visit. Pour it in a pad every time you go to the toilet. Good luck x

I had two nasty 2nd degree tears. A woman at work told me the trick of buying a cheap plastic jug, and every time I went for a wee I poured warm water over my bits as I went to stop the sting of the urine, then pat dry. I'm sure this helped keep them clean and aid healing as after a week they were loads better. The witch hazel on a pad was really good too.

I think I was lucky as weeing didn't sting too much so could bear it. It seemed to take ages to heal though so want something to help quicker. Will pick up some of these suggestions :) thanks ladies xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back