Best Sippy cup

Jack had a Nuk beaker and loved it. Harry has one too and has been drinking water from it since he was 12 weeks old. It has a Mickey Mouse design. I got mine from Boots but you can get them from the disney store too. Failing that Jack also loved his Nuby beakers infact he still drinks his milk from them at bedtime x

I love the Nuby range. B has a couple that have a straw but it works similar to a bottle that they can suck the water out without have to tip their head back.

I agree with the nuk I have the mickey design for Ava she loves it and it doesn't spil....she also uses the dr brown one which is good to but the nuk is a big hit here! X

I had every cup possible she just wouldn't drink out of any and one day she just started drinking and it didn't matter what cup it is including normal water glasses lol.

Cheers ladies, didn't think of the doidy cup, but yep he loves a proper glass / cup!

xxxxxxxx

Try a Doidy cup :) really good as lo can see the water coming so will work out they need to drink :)
x

I cant get mine off a bottle wont take a cup x

We only use Doidy cups here and whilst T can't drink from them herself (she'd pour it all over herself!) I find that they are really great and she learns how to drink like an adult sooner than if I were to give her a sippy cup.

There's also a relatively new product made in the UK called the Babycup, which is another open cup but not slanted like the Doidy is, it has no handles and it's tiny, so babies can learn to hold it themselves. http://www.babycup.co.uk/

I've heard other BLW parents talk about just giving their LOs reinforced glass shot glasses to drink from too. The weighted base helps them to put it down again without spilling the drink as often. Not tried this myself...

xxx

Interesting, I may have to try the shot glass!

Currently the only thing James will take water in is just a normal beaker. I am pretty sure he'd take Arsenic from it though as he just loves the beaker and he knows exactly what to do with it.

xxxxx

We only use Doidy cups here and whilst T can't drink from them herself (she'd pour it all over herself!) I find that they are really great and she learns how to drink like an adult sooner than if I were to give her a sippy cup.

There's also a relatively new product made in the UK called the Babycup, which is another open cup but not slanted like the Doidy is, it has no handles and it's tiny, so babies can learn to hold it themselves. http://www.babycup.co.uk/

I've heard other BLW parents talk about just giving their LOs reinforced glass shot glasses to drink from too. The weighted base helps them to put it down again without spilling the drink as often. Not tried this myself...

xxx

Karen we got given this to try by the speach and language therapist. Its fab. Though id of liked a pink one...green doesnt go with her plates and bowls lol. Xx

tapatalking

Aaron has literally on,y got the hang of a cup today after months of practice ... It was like a lightbulb moment for him that he needs to suck and not chew!

We have tried every cup going and the one we have had success with is the first link you've shown.

It does take them a while to get used to it, maybe just preserve and keep offering the cup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back