Best Sippy cup

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by CARNAT22, Jun 29, 2013.

1. CARNAT22

CARNAT22 Well-Known Member

2. newbie1984

newbie1984 Well-Known Member

What about a doidy cup Nat? X

3. clairebear22

clairebear22 Well-Known Member

Jack had a Nuk beaker and loved it. Harry has one too and has been drinking water from it since he was 12 weeks old. It has a Mickey Mouse design. I got mine from Boots but you can get them from the disney store too. Failing that Jack also loved his Nuby beakers infact he still drinks his milk from them at bedtime x

4. MrsT2011

MrsT2011 Well-Known Member

I love the Nuby range. B has a couple that have a straw but it works similar to a bottle that they can suck the water out without have to tip their head back.

5. Ashley89

Ashley89 Well-Known Member

I agree with the nuk I have the mickey design for Ava she loves it and it doesn't spil....she also uses the dr brown one which is good to but the nuk is a big hit here! X

6. Hope81

Hope81 Well-Known Member

I had every cup possible she just wouldn't drink out of any and one day she just started drinking and it didn't matter what cup it is including normal water glasses lol.

7. CARNAT22

Cheers ladies, didn't think of the doidy cup, but yep he loves a proper glass / cup!

xxxxxxxx

8. mrswoody

mrswoody Well-Known Member

Try a Doidy cup :) really good as lo can see the water coming so will work out they need to drink :)
    x

9. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

I cant get mine off a bottle wont take a cup x

10. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

We only use Doidy cups here and whilst T can't drink from them herself (she'd pour it all over herself!) I find that they are really great and she learns how to drink like an adult sooner than if I were to give her a sippy cup.

There's also a relatively new product made in the UK called the Babycup, which is another open cup but not slanted like the Doidy is, it has no handles and it's tiny, so babies can learn to hold it themselves. http://www.babycup.co.uk/

I've heard other BLW parents talk about just giving their LOs reinforced glass shot glasses to drink from too. The weighted base helps them to put it down again without spilling the drink as often. Not tried this myself...

xxx

11. CARNAT22

Interesting, I may have to try the shot glass!

Currently the only thing James will take water in is just a normal beaker. I am pretty sure he'd take Arsenic from it though as he just loves the beaker and he knows exactly what to do with it.

xxxxx

12. Gayle30

Gayle30 Well-Known Member

Karen we got given this to try by the speach and language therapist. Its fab. Though id of liked a pink one...green doesnt go with her plates and bowls lol. Xx

tapatalking

13. tweetyfoo

tweetyfoo Well-Known Member

Aaron has literally on,y got the hang of a cup today after months of practice ... It was like a lightbulb moment for him that he needs to suck and not chew!

We have tried every cup going and the one we have had success with is the first link you've shown.

It does take them a while to get used to it, maybe just preserve and keep offering the cup?

14. Les1504

Les1504 Well-Known Member