Best mate..Help!

Tiny2012x

Reaction score
Hey ladies! Wondering if any of you can give me some advice... Don't normally post in this section but I don't know what to do and its tearing me apart, sitting here with tears rollin down my face as I write this. Basically had a fall out a few weeks ago with my best mate, we've been friends for 15 years, we we're having a drink and her OH started giving her a hard time because of somethin she had said to someone else about him, and this person had then told him, which I know to be true what she said! I hate anyone giving her grief, and I know I shouldn't have but I told him I knew it was true bla bla bla I had seen if for myself and she had also told me, and then it turned into a huge row. Her and him never spoke for a few days and at this point she was still speaking to me, but seems now as if he's back on the scene and everythings sorted out she won't speak to me! I messaged her a couple of times a few weeks ago and got no response now I don't know what to do. She's also family in a weird kind of way. Its tearing me apart and I don't want to not have her in my life, its been building up for weeks now to the point I'm really upset :-( any advice would be greatly appreciated xx

If you have tried to contact her, give it a break for a little while. Just let her know you are there whatever she does and will support her. Do this through friends if need be.
But you need to understand this is not your fault you were trying to help/protect her and this is how she repays you. Move on with your life, not saying forget her but worry about or put your head to more important things that are going on.
If your friendship means anything she will come around, and just be civil don't mention what has gone on, at the end of the day is her OH/ex really worth all this between you too. when your around him bite your tongue a lot easier said than done I know, but if your friendship is worth fighting for then hold on to it whilst you can, Good luck x x x

Thanks for the reply hun, both my OH and dad have both said leave it for now but its really killing me us not speaking :-( we used to speak every single day and now its just nothing, but I don't want to keep messaging her to keep getting rejected! The best of it is, normally I get on amazing with her OH too and would consider him a pretty close mate aswell and normally stay out of their rows but I couldn't help myself this time because she was getting a hard time for something that was true! I thought she valued our friendship more than this as we've been best mates like forever, she's my girl soul mate lol xx

Thanks for the reply hun, both my OH and dad have both said leave it for now but its really killing me us not speaking :-( we used to speak every single day and now its just nothing, but I don't want to keep messaging her to keep getting rejected! The best of it is, normally I get on amazing with her OH too and would consider him a pretty close mate aswell and normally stay out of their rows but I couldn't help myself this time because she was getting a hard time for something that was true! I thought she valued our friendship more than this as we've been best mates like forever, she's my girl soul mate lol xx

Then let her realise that she is losing a friend. They may need time to fix there relationship too, so give her time as your OH and dad have said and see how things play out. I give you 2 weeks or so and you'll be best friends again...some things take time and the period in which we need to learn to miss whats always been there. I know it will be upsetting you something cronic but remember your were helping her, and now she needs to help herself by realising she is losing the best thing in her life (meaning you) but she needs to do that on her own terms x x x

It's sad but I think you need to leave the ball in her court. Hopefully the whole incident will settle and she'll realise it's not worth throwing your friendship away for

Still practicing on the new phone.....

Thanks for the replies ladies! Going to do what you say an just leave it for a while and see what happens xx

So how is it going? has she been back in touch?
Its really gutting when a good freind who knows you well turns their back on you. I hope that you guys havebeen able to patch things up.

Its hard though that she has judged you so harshly, freinds forgive becuase they love each other and I hope that she is a good enough freind to make it all alright again. Good luck xDaisy

Still no word hun :( I've not attempted to contact her again and I'm not going to, just going to let things settle down a bit and see what happens xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back