Best formula

twinkletoes220

Reaction score
Hello,

This has probably been asked 1000 times,but I remember hearing ages ago that 1 type of formula isn't really that good for the baby! I'd like to breast feed,but I want to be prepared and know what will be best for my baby and I am trying to be organised and buy things in stages. I'd really appreciate knowing what is the better type to use to provide my baby with the best start OR if there really is no difference what so ever!! Or if there is anywhere where I can research it to find out. I know each brand has a website,but they will all say there's is the best!

Thanks in advance
Twinkletoes-first time mum xx

No such thing! I think SMA is the one most people say is bad for constipation but lots of babies are ok on it. My first didn't agree with aptimal or cow & gate but settled on Hipp organic until she was 11 months but my son will only settle on cow & gate. There should be mimial if any difference between stage 1 milks but there was a definite difference for both my children.
All you can do I read other people's opinions and pick one and see

Thanks. I didn't think there would be,but just wanted to out it out there!x

For me personally, I've never used SMA. Aptimal I found quite watery and my daughter was sick a fair bit in it, we switched to Hipp and she was happy on that but went sickly again in Hipp stage 2 so staged in first baby milk till 11 months when we went on to cows milk
My son started on Hipp but was sickly with reflux so we switched to cow & gate for the comfort & reflux milk options as he was very colicy as well but he settled best on normal cow & gate in the end. Recently I couldn't get stage 2 cow & gate so bought Hipp and that made him so windy & uncomfortable I went out on a mission for some cow & gate again lol

Apitimal and cow & gate seem to be the market favourites and I have heard that they are made by the same company so basically the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back