best formula?

Bellarina

Reaction score
Hey kadies

im due my little miracle in 5 days and i wanted to be prepared for if i cant/unable to breastfeed...wen mw at hosp asks me wat formula i want to give my baby which one you would all recommend as the best (not necessarily cheapest)....i understand its prob down to the individual, just wanted some recommendations/advice/opinions

thanks in advance xxx

I started with sma then tried aptimal then cow and gate! Was trial and error for us lol x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Not long now Hun! I think forward planning is good as I had no formula and wasn't prepared that B wouldn't feed. Our hospital policy is formula feed if they haven't had a breast feed within 24 hours, we got to 33 hours and I was happy with anything they offered at that point!
We started on SMA - he would throw this up. Managed to stick with breast milk for 3 months then tried Aptamil which was fine, tried cow and gate which didn't agree with him at all! After 9 months we went with Hipp organic follow on which has been his favourite! I can tell as he drinks loads more of it x

I started O on Aptamil. I had bought a few emergency cartons of the stuff, in case there was an issue with bf'ing. I stopped bf'ing when he was about 2 weeks old & he didn't have a problem with the aptamil so we just stuck with it.

There isn't really a 'best' formula. They are all pretty much the same. The 'closest to breast milk' stuff is an advertising tag.

Some kids suit some brands better than others, so it's really kinda a case of just picking one and seeing if your LO is ok with it.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Thanks for all the replies girls theyv really helped :) xxx

When we moved to combi feeding we went with Aptamil and have stuck with that.

xxxxxx

Thanks hun....love ur avatar pic btw hes sooo cute xxx

I've bought sma gold first infant milk preprepared bottles for the hospital. I'm not breastfeeding. Do they not to take to certain formulas? Is it best to have a few different brands in case they don't get on with one?

My LO started with Cow & Gate, but it didn't suit (tummy problems), so changed to Aptamil but he still had the same problems. At 10 weeks we changed to HiPP Organic and the problems seemed to disappear overnight!

Every baby is different, but I would recommend HiPP to anyone, as it isn't really an over popular brand - but was so good for us!

HIPP is the only one that uses organic milk but there isnt such thing as a "best formula" x

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

We started on Aptamil but after a couple of months my little one was being really sicky with it so we switched to Hipp. I like the fact it's organic and pro-biotic. My wee man is now on their follow on milk and I've never had any trouble with it. It seemed to be a thicker consistency to Aptamil so it satisfied him more and he was less windy with it. Just see what works for your little one, it can be so hard with so many different brands out there!

Ryan is on cow qnd gate comfort for colic but always try their first milk beforevyoud move to a fomfort milk, we donevit out if desperation after 4 really awful nights

I expressed for 6 weeks and topped up with aptamil and stayed on it, the hospital made the choice for me as she was taken away and was in icu. I'm trying her today with hipp organic if our Asda has it, as we seem to be have tons of feeding issues. Really hope she takes to it, I've heard some good things x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back