Best foods to eat whilst breastfeeding?

littlestar2

Reaction score
Just thinking ahead really. Is there any foods to avoid while breastfeeding, or foods which are important to eat lots of for baby? Ie fats, proteins?

Thanks in advance!

My lo
Doesn't like the taste of my milk if I've had curry or garlic x

From what I've read, your diet doesn't really effect the nutritional value of your breast milk, your baby will get everything he or she needs even if you eat junk constantly! A healthy balanced diet is encouraged to look after yourself, so just common sense really! Lots of water and you'll be so hungry you will literally eat anything in your path!!

From what I've read, your diet doesn't really effect the nutritional value of your breast milk, your baby will get everything he or she needs even if you eat junk constantly! A healthy balanced diet is encouraged to look after yourself, so just common sense really! Lots of water and you'll be so hungry you will literally eat anything in your path!!

Wss Hun our Los will take all our goodness so we need to look after ourselves.

Oats are known to boost supply though xx

Hi. A sensible, balanced s best :) oats good too.
As la leche league say, eating foods as close to their natural state as possible is ideal.

Don't eat grapes, minimal citrus, and I'd go easy on the broccoli/sprouts. Gives baby bad Tim in my experience. But for me curry/garlic has never bothered my two, they didnt seem to mind at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back