Best excuses for not drinking!

Katielord

Reaction score
Morning guys, ok so I have just found out (maybe an hour ago) I'm pregnant with Baby number 2! And as overwhelmingly excited I am like literally have been doing a happy dance since, all I can think of now is how I'm gonna conceal it for the next few weeks because I'm not comfortable sharing this amazing news with anyone other than immediate family till I have my scan!
Got so much on these next few weeks party wise even one at home on Saturday and I would just like to know the best excuses people have used for not being able to have a few wines when it's normally expected 🙈

Because we all have that one friend who won't just accept the fact you're "on antibiotics" without knowing all the details🙈

I'm in the same situation! My FIL is getting married this weekend & I'm going out with my friends for a meal and drinks the week after. My FIL doesn't know I'm pregnant yet as my OH wants to tell him the day after the wedding so us telling him before might take the shine of his wedding. Other family member will be there so I'm going to have to say I'm antibiotics (urine infection) & that's it. When I go out with my friends I'm going to have to say the same thing but 1 or 2 maybe suspicious cuz I'm the one that always has a drinks. It's difficult cuz I don't want to tell till the scan.

At the end of the day they should accept ur antibiotics and that's it, it's no one business why. It's difficult cuz I don't like lying

Could you say some one of them you are just feeling abit under the weather and don't fancy drinking??

Im going an engagement party this weekend and will be 9 weeks. Whilst 2 of my friends know already, I am just going to say to others if they ask that Im abit under the weather and dont feel like drinking (which is slightly true with the nausea and tiredness) but Im going to let husband buy me drinks and Ill just have coke. Most people to be fair properly wouldn't even question or notice. Xx

Thank you I didn't even think of a water infection �� It would probably be easier to do as you say if I was out and could just send my OH the bar but we're having a bbq (weather permitting) in our house so it would be harder to hide it if you know why I mean!
X

If you're having the BBQ at home Katie, that's perfect! Just keep a bottle of non-alcoholic wine (or beer, or cider, or Pimms!) under the sink! Looks exactly the same and has got me through the last couple of months.

You could say you're hungover so can't face a drink haha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ahhhh brilliant the hungover excuse is gonna get me through some nights, so far I've just used the I'm driving tonight or taking my husband to work at 5am and font want to risk it with the new laws x

Driving! Then if you're bullied about it, you can say respond with something about how one drink can make a difference... I don't think you can argue with that!

You say you are on antibiotics and when they ask why think of something disgusting and go into full on details about the pus that is leaking from a personal area ... They may never ask again :) ... Or you could drink lemonade/coke and pretend there is vodka in it, then after a few 'pretend' drinks pretend you not feeling well so you are switching drinks to non alcoholic ones.
Or buy some non alcoholic wine and a very cheap bottle of wine (or if you have an old one/ half empty one) transfer the non alcoholic stuff into it.
Get your other half to bring you your drinks ... Again you could have a stash of non alcoholic wine somewhere and he could pour it into a glass for you and bring it you :).
Designated driver is always a good one.
Blood tests the day after if its a Sunday or weekday
Say you're not feeling great so you are starting off on normal drinks until you feel a little better
Say you are on standby for an emergency phone call and you can't drink incase you have to dash off.

Enjoy entertaining and congratulations x

Driving does it for me! I'm always the one driving so no one will notice

Ive been to a couple of hen dos and a very rowdy wedding and got away with just keeping a drink in my hand or on the table the whole time. I never drank from it but had it there and it seemed to work a treat. After a few hours i would say that ive drank way too much and need a water or soft drink.

Tonic with a wedge of lime - nobody knows the difference X

What I did was just pretend I was ordering drink when I was out at the bar and people where non the wiser. When drinking at home I brought a small bottle of water and pretended it was vodka and had that and diet coke and no one even asked lol x

Well from Saturday you can say you're doing the sober for October challenge that's all over TV right now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back