Best buy/ waste of money

Sleepy sue

Reaction score
Hi ladies I was just wondering what was your best buy eg what toy won't your LO put down :) and what's been your biggest waste of money so far???
Xxx

Not a toy as such but I bought a comforter ( animal shaped) from primark for £2 and he has it with him all the Time when he goes sleep . He know it means sleep! So that was worth it!! He also likes the activity centre that goes over play mats. That's was worth it to!! X

Biggest waste of money was the bumbo thankfully it was on offer and I didn't pay full price but it looked so uncomfortable for him to sit in and he hated it! Best buy for when he was a baby-his Lamaze toys. He absolutely loved them! Best buy for older baby/toddler is his high chair! It clips to the table which meant he was sitting at the table from day one and it's been to Manchester several times as its collapsible.

Ooh I was going to get a bumbo but it seems to be the marmite for babies!! I'm pleased to say I've bought loads of Lamaze and got a fair few teethers. Thanks ladies x

Best buy - sling
Worst buy - hairbrush (still no hair at 9 months!)

Best buy Jumperoo.....worse buy probably Bumbo as she just tries to escape all the time!!!

Lamaze are fab top :) x

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

Lamaze toys are great, also jelly kitten books. Although didnt buy it but bumbo was useless - he wouldnt fit in it!

sent from my Galaxy s2

Ooooh I forgot about my sling! Lol xx other best buy was my moby wrap! Lmao xx

I really want the jumperoo it looks fantastic!!
Erm def think I'm leaving the bumbo x

Jumperoo has been a life saver and she LOVES it! We got ours second hand off eBay as they're expensive! Can get some good deals x

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

We were given a bumbo from my sister and have found it good so far. Put toys on the tray and Holly bangs away, also using it for blw. Just goes to show how individual all babies are from the go! X

we are still using our bumbo at 7 months! she has a tiny bum though. best buy? an empty bottles of water with a few dried beans in it. rattle and teether in one. honestly. oh and a wind up musical jewellery box that i have turned into a treasure chest and put different things in. she loves exploring it!

ps she does have loads of 'proper' toys.

worst buy was my sling, she preferred a baby bjorn carrier.

Last edited:
Just ordered Jacob a jumperoo, it's coming Tuesday, I can't wait! lol :dance: Moses basket was a waste of money as he would never sleep in it!

Last edited:
My best buy is a nappy disposal system, sounds sad and I know a lot of people think they are a waste of money but we actually bought another one for downstairs as we used our one upstairs so much!! He is only little yet tho so doesnt play with much yet!!
xxx

The baby bath was £20 and not been used once, he baths with me

My best buy is a nappy disposal system, sounds sad and I know a lot of people think they are a waste of money but we actually bought another one for downstairs as we used our one upstairs so much!! He is only little yet tho so doesnt play with much yet!!
xxx

Oh god yes, the nappy bin is a gift from heaven! i love it!

Best buy - material support to use in big bath instead of baby bath

Worst buy - Moses basket, she never slept in it downstairs so could've used the cot in our room as we moved her into the cot at 8 weeks for more room. Just given it away to my niece who is due in May

Best buy, moby wrap and jumperoo. They saved me!

Worst buy...the door bouncer. Literally got about 3 uses out of it.

Best buy- the moulded seat that goes in a normal bath. Brilliant when bathing little one on my own and even better now I bath the girls together.

Worst buy- tummy tub bath. Bought before bath seat. We all hated it!

I agree with the bumbo, not overly impressed with it. Kynon loves his jumperoo and Lamaze toys. The worst buy has to be a stupid bath seat for the big bath! You have to have the water really deep to cover him so I just lean over the big bath holding him, we used the baby bath for a few weeks but he soon outgrew it. His baby gym is great too and light show was a good buy. I hated my Babasling so looking for a better alternative,it killed my shoulder and I couldn't adjust it small enough for me so I just carry him everywhere now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back