Best baby monitor?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Rachel80, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Rachel80

Rachel80 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any recommendations? I want a good reliable one but I think the video ones would make me paranoid! x

2. Becky1

Becky1 Well-Known Member

Just brought the angelcare one with the mat. Got really good reviews and 2 friends have used it.

3. mablestarr

mablestarr Well-Known Member

I ordered the angelcare one with the mat from amazon. Last time we had the tommy tippee one and it was fine but after about a year and a half the connection between the charger and the handset got doggy and eventually stopped working.

I read loads of reviews on-line and the angelcare one seemed to come out best.

4. Rachel80

Great thanks ladies ill check it out x

5. Chezza

Chezza Well-Known Member

We bought this one today from John Lewis - have been having a play...love it so far!!

http://www.johnlewis.com/bt-digital-video-baby-monitor-1000/p231458726

The sound is great and very clear - and the screen is quite big, with a really great camera view. Also has night vision, room temp gage, lullabies to play to baby and a two way talk back so you can speak to LO without getting up to soothe him/her too.

Hope that helps :) xx

6. Rachel80

Wow sounds high tech! I was going to avoid the ones with the screen because I know I'll be glued to it 24/7 but then again I can see the benefits....I'm sure my oh will want the most high tech one he can get!x

7. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

Got a Motorola one for 40 punds, does the job

8. Ella1979

Ella1979 Well-Known Member

We got the angelcare one and it's very good. Would definitely recommend it. Now that my LO is older, I would really like one with a monitor as almost every time I go to check on her I end up waking her up!!!

9. Lulula

Lulula Well-Known Member

We got the Motorola blink. It has an app which allows you to view from your phone or iPad which OH is very excited about!

10. ellesbells

ellesbells Well-Known Member

Got the same one as chezza but got it from tesco. It was the same price but we were able to double our clubcard vouchers to put towards it and so only had to pay a bit towards it. I think it looks great.

11. Vickimo

Vickimo Well-Known Member

OH loves his gadgets and informed me yesterday he'd ordered the Withings one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0069JBKHI think he likes the fact that it syncs with iPad/ iPhone etc and he can see and talk to baby even when he's overseas working. It'll probably freak me out if I hear voices and and it's only the baby and I in the house :) x

12. Geekachublog

Geekachublog Well-Known Member

Making a note of all of these, my OH is really into gadgets, so he's been scouring for the best, most hi-tech ones!

13. Clairabelle

Clairabelle Well-Known Member

We've bought this one too. Wasn't too bothered about having a video one but it was on offer and OH was keen on having a video one. Had a play with it when it came and it seems pretty good x

14. TaffyRose

TaffyRose Well-Known Member

We have the angelcare with sensor mat and love it, we recommend it to all our pregnant friends :) xxx

15. Excited85

Excited85 Member

I saw this new monitor called Nabby baby monitor. Can't link to it, as i don't have ten posts. But if you google it you can find it. :)

16. tweetyfoo

tweetyfoo Well-Known Member

Another vote for Angelcare here!

17. johndrop

johndrop New Member

And so I have this friend who said that she has this cheap baby monitors, but I didn't believe her first but later on I was amazed that the baby monitor is still with her and it's really durable. I tried it and I too would really recommend to my friends and you reading my post.

18. bricey

bricey Well-Known Member

I want to get the angelcare with sensor mat, but will also get a snuza hero I think

19. Lyllian

Lyllian Well-Known Member

I was about to say about the snuzahero. I have both, on grounds baby will be sleeping in moses basket downstairs during the day and for when we're out in the car etc. Worth it for the piece of mind x

20. Emmy81

Emmy81 Well-Known Member

We have gone for angelcare too x