Benefits- when do you arrange?

Pregnot

Reaction score
ok so we work full time so won't get any benefits except that one that all families get

Not sure what its called but how do I go about arranging it? when do I do it?

Any help appreciated :)

Child benefit?

You get the forms in the Bounty pack they give you after bub arrives.

You can't apply for it until you have babies birth certificate but they backdate it.

xxxx

Last edited:
I'm guessing you mean child benefit? I'm pretty sure as soon as you've registered the birth, you then need to call up hm revenues and custom and they will get you all signed up and back date from baby's birth date xxx

Sorry there wasnt a reply showing when I first posted! Xxx

If its the child benefit (I can't remember its actual name but its the only one we get!) it was all sorted for us when we registered our LOs birth. I think I was given a form after he was born but I can't really remember x

Does everyone definitely get child benefit? I'd looked up the direct gov website and I think I could claim it but hubby would pay the exact same amount back in extra tax so end up with nothing extra x

If you/your partner earn over £50,000 then it does affect the amount of tax you have to pay xx

Does everyone definitely get child benefit? I'd looked up the direct gov website and I think I could claim it but hubby would pay the exact same amount back in extra tax so end up with nothing extra x

If either one of you earns individually (not jointly) over 50 K you aren't entitled to anything but if under that then you get full amount. X

If either one of you earns individually (not jointly) over 50 K you aren't entitled to anything but if under that then you get full amount. X

You are entitled but it affects the amount of tax you pay. This is on the www.gov.uk website:

If you or your partner have an individual income of more than £50,000, you can still qualify for Child Benefit. But you'll need to decide whether to actually receive the payments. This is because you may be liable to a tax charge called the 'High Income Child Benefit charge'.

If you/your partner earn over £50,000 then it does affect the amount of tax you have to pay xx

Def not me lol but that would be right for hubby. Wouldn't expect anything I'm not entitled to but I did think there was something that everyone got regardless of income x

Def not me lol but that would be right for hubby. Wouldn't expect anything I'm not entitled to but I did think there was something that everyone got regardless of income x

It used to be regardless of income but was changed in the last year or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back