bending

LucyB.

Reaction score
My job involves a lot of bending. Like bending down to clean low cupboards etc, or bending to find stock in the stock room. Was just wondering how bending affects the baby if at all? Or is it really well protected in there and I'm just worrying for nothing?? Ha ha, I'm doing no heavy lifting, just bending down xxx

as long as ur not heavy lifting, not over bending. and not streching. should be ok. just take care of your self. i strech to get heavy wedding dresses down..

believe me your body one way or another will tell you to stop, ive just spent an hour an a half cleaning my one bed flat and my lower back is aching now, been lifting hoover etc etc rest time tonight x

You shouldn't be bending by your middle hun, for a start you wouldn't be covered with insurance as you should be crouching whether you are pregnant or not. I broke my back last year and was chatting to my mw cos of the pain I'm in. She said the hormones that open the pelvis and make it loose ready for baby to pass through also makes us over flexible everywhere else and the risk of serious back injury is increased cos we don't realise we are bending too much til it's too late. Also when the baby moves higher out of the pelvis it will actually hurt to bend as you will put pressure on the uterus.
You need a risk assessment done by your personnel dept or manager, including for any cleaning chemicals you are using.
If you haven't told them yet you need to. They have to keep it confidential by law but you need someone to help you continue working safely. Yours and baby's health is very precious xxxxxx

Yer my back hurts if I do to much, I vacumed the shop(work)today and ouch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back