Belly touching...

Geekachublog

Reaction score
I saw a thread on here not so long about regarding people touching your belly but I couldn't relate because I was quite early when I saw the thread, this week it's been DRIVING ME MAD...!

A lady yesterday in a shop (she was in a wheelchair so the logistics don't seem quite as odd) tried to hug my belly when I was talking to her about being pregnant!
I also work in a care home and every resident/relative that I've told has also had a little grope/pat of my tiny growing bump.

I didn't realise how much people actually did this. I told my mum that it was annoying me and she just said "It comes with being pregnant, everyone thinks they're involved and want a touch... ".

Kinda makes me feel like I'm a lucky Buddha!

Not had this yet, but im not working this time as i look after my son. My mates all know and have mostly all been preg before as im nearly 40 so dont do it as they know what its like. I wouldnt mind if someone wanted to and asked tho, its the assumption they can thats annoying and invading your personal space isnt it. I did get it lots with my older ones when younger, so i feel for you.

Last edited:
To be honest, it's very annoying and a complete invasion of privacy.... BUT it's nice that people are always so happy for you in pregnancy, everyone I've spoken to has congratulated us, it's very pleasant.
We recently moved home and whilst changing bills over we've been asked time and time again "reason for move" and "how many people in the household" (to project figures for bills etc), even the utility companies have congratulated us. We're not the first people to get pregnant, but that's quite a lovely feeling when strangers congratulate.

It's just the touching, I'm not a touchy feely person at the best of times, I can't stand people (other than those I'm close to) touching me and I'm not a hugger, so it's a weird experience for me). :)

Watch out for when baby arrives, he/she will be your most treasured thing ever? Yourll be hormone change fuelled and each and every person inc all strangers that you dont know where theyve been! will be wanting to hold and hog baby, thats one to start thinking about as its also a tricky ones youve only just got your baby too!

My daughter will make me wait weeks before pushing my own puschair! Ha now ill say oi my turn!

Last edited:
We have a baby carrier (like sling) for when baby comes along, so to begin with I'll have that on I think, saves that awkward thing of trying to say no to people :)
I'll definitely give it some thought though, thanks :)

I can totally relate. The fact is I am overweight and don't like people touching my flabby bits because to be fair, it's flab before you reach baby. I don't even like DH doing that. xxx

Hahaha "flabby bits" HEAR HEAR!
This is why I don't like being touched too, although I can see my belly rounding and it's a little harder than before I'm convinced that my "baby belly" is just fat still :)

Feel the same too! I don't like anyone to touch bump except my husband but I've recently had to ask family members to stop doing it as it makes me uncomfortable! I haven't had strangers trying to touch yet though! My hubby's family thought I was being silly about it but thankfully so far they have respected my wishes so far but fear as bump keeps growing they will keep trying to touch!!!

Xx

I don't like my anyone touches it and I'm having to grit my teeth when my mum does it I dnt mind hubby obviously but it reali passes me off for some reason x
il freak when baby comes n someone trys to touch him or her lol I'm a bit ocd bout clean hands etc lol x

Ah, I don't mind! It does seem quite odd sometimes, as it does happen in the strangest of places/situations! To be fair, most people ask first, but I do think its lovely that people take such joy in pregnancy.

so far i have only had my mum and my sister try and touch my belly regularily but then my oh's dad randomly did it the other night when they popped round and that one shocked me, i didnt really mind though i just wasnt expecting it! xxx

Sorry ladies but I'm probably one of those annoying belly touchers ha ha! I would no way do it with a stranger but for some reason I do with people I know! Don't know why just can't help myself ha ha x

I have had this mainly with oh family and friends which I haven't got a problem with but it's strangers or people that I'm not that close with. One persona has asked but others just feel the need to touch my belly. I'm one for my own personal space especially with strangers, so I'm not liking it at all with people I don't know! I'm wondering what to say when someone asks how do you say no politely?

I think I will find it easier to say no when the baby is here and strangers want to touch the baby! I'm a bit OCD with clean hands and not knowing where they have been and probably having a protective mum instinct I think I won't care to say no lol

I don;t like it when anyone does it,. but I grit my teeth and bare it when it is family. At school A lot of the girls have asked if they can touch it and I;ve been able to say no to them as it would be inappropriate. I have had a couple of friends ask me if they can feel the baby move, so I figure I just wont tell them lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back