Belly feels sooooo tight and uncomfortable - is this normal?

Julia

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I have three weeks to go until the big day (or so I think). My belly, especially at night when I am in bed, feels really tight and it aches like mad. It is also rock hard! I don't think I can stand to grow any more - I feel like my skin is going to rip open. I have also been getting alot of tightening which seems to last for ages.

Is anyone else having this? Is it normal? I am getting really fed up now...

Julia xx

i got this with my first pregnancy. Its a horrible feeling and Im not looking forward to it again. Try keeping your tummy moisturised and maybe try going to the pool and just sitting in the baby pool. Your tightenings are probably braxton hicks, I didnt know this till i had the baby that thats what they were. I thought they would be different.

Thanks for your reply Lauramum01,

They have cooled off a bit now. Due to the fact I have only 3 weeks to go I keep asking myself "is this it?" (and secretly hoping it is). I am also having much more discharge which I keep thinking could be my waters starting to trickle!! (sorry for the graphic information but no other way of saying it).....

Thanks for your reply

Julia xxx

Im afraid I dont know (or cant remember) about the discharge. Im glad though the pains have subsided but unfortuantly I dont think its an iminient sign of labour as I remember having mine for a while though I thought it was just the baby turning.
Oh they joys of the last trimester!

I would have to agree with lauramum. I think at this point we all are wanting it to be the real thing!! :pray: As for me I have been in the hospital 4 or 5 times with major contractions but they are not making my cervix dilate!! :twisted: As for the discharge it is common to have more of a discharge towards the end of pregnancy but it is not sign of "labor" just your body getting ready for the upcoming labor. I know it's probably not what you wanted to hear but don't wanna have your hopes raised.

xoxo Ree

Here's to a fast 3wks!!!! :pray:

my belly just feels tight because it cant stetch any more... i feel my skin ripping and itchin and i found my first stretch mark on the front ov my belly :(

and iv got 9weeks left ov growing :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back