Belly button

star fish

Reaction score
Hi all, having worried yesterday about his umbilical cord, today it fell off. But he has a lump sticking out and the 'hole' bit underneath. Is this how it stays? Does this mean he will have an 'outie' belly button? Or are they all like that at first?

How old is your LO hon? If you're worried then mention it to your mw or HV. It's difficult to say without seeing a pic but I remember my mw saying not to worry unless it looks infected.

I think it's normal Hun as Harry's belly button is exactly as you've described! I think it's starting to go in slowly too?xx

How old is your LO hon? If you're worried then mention it to your mw or HV. It's difficult to say without seeing a pic but I remember my mw saying not to worry unless it looks infected.

He's 8 days old, it doesnt look infected, just more bulging like a hernia

I don't really know what you mean but at 4 months Ryan looks like he's got an outie.
I wonder if it will last too or if it stretches somehow as he grows?
Plus mine is still bloody enormous will it get smaller?? (sorry for hijacking your thread :))

Hmm it does seem to be going down actually

my own belly button never popped out during pregnancy so i don't know how long they take to go back?

Hey
It could be an umbilical hernia. Where the stomach muscle haven't joined together (very typical in prem babies) My Lo has one, its gone down alot since he was born but is still there. Docs and Hv said not to worry about it as they are supposed to go of there own accord. We were told to keep an eye on it. I would mention it to your health visitor or Gp, just so they can make a note of it xxx

Freyas cord fell off leaving alittle live bit of stump. Its still got s.blood supply so just been to drs once a week for 2 weeks do far to have silver nitrate dabbed on it. It's called a granuloma the lump but Mw or hv will say if its anything like that x

Hmm it does seem to be going down actually

my own belly button never popped out during pregnancy so i don't know how long they take to go back?
Mine never popped either it just seemed to stretch

midwife came today and said that lump was normal and that it would go down

Ella developed granuloma in hers and had to have it treated with cream. supposed to only effect 1 in 500 babies but she had a little lump and a hole underneath and if i looked inside closely enough it looked like flesh but it weeped and would go all crusty bless her! cream has sorted it though. my midwife and dr both missed it though and my hv picked up on it when she was 6 weeks old (after me going to the drs 3 or 4 times!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back