Belly button/umbilical chord.

Jellybeanjen

Reaction score
My 2 week olds umbillical chord hasn't fallen off yet but there's a little but of blood stuff on her vest and around the belly button...does this mean it's gonna fall off soon or could it be infected? I can't wait for it to fall off!!! I don't want to get it caught on stuff! Xxx

Tapatalking so I can't see sigs x

Joshua's cord took at least 2 weeks to come away - we refrained from fully bathing him until it did, so it had a chance to dry out.

Is there any chance it caught on a nappy to make it bleed? Very easily done! xx

My son's bled a little bit too. Midwife just advised to keep it clean with cool boiled water & to fold the front of the nappy down to prevent irritation. O's fell off after a week.

My lo took just over 2wks t drop off and his bleed mw wasnt concerned when i mentioned it x

My son's took a while to drop off. He would have a bit of blood on his vest the odd time but it was just where it had rubbed and was fine. Just give the area a wipe with water and cotton wool to keep it clean if you're worried.

Is it supposed to look juicy underneath?? It's dry all on top but when she wriggles it's juicy underneath :/ xxx

Do you mean kind of white looking? That's totally normal according to my midwife. The sign of an infection is any problems with the skin around the belly button rather than the chord/button it's self.

My son's looked pretty manky towards the end, it was hanging off and I was always worried about knocking it off when I changed him. I think my OH pulled it off in the end although he swears it just fell off on it's own!

Oh yeah it's white on the cord bit underneath the crustiness lol. We took her to on call docs in the end as I got so panicky and they said no infection but we need to make appt for nurse to cut the clip off and should fall off quicker. Can't wait till that thing is off!! Lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back