Believing in Santa Claus..

mamichuli

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

My son Victor is now nine and he still firmly believes in Santa Claus! I think this is lovely and hope to get thru yet another incredible Christmas season w/o him working it out - he is such an innocent, I might actually do it! I remember when my eldest daughter, Jessica (now 15) worked it out, with a lot of hints from me. She was furious with me for ruining it and I felt like such a bad mum... I only tried to help her work it out because other kids were laughing at her at school for continuing to believe (she was ten :shock: ) I wept for days, she was so upset and particularly angry with me, as she told me that it was now ruined and that she hated me :cry: Needless to say she did get over it and now enjoys Xmas just as much as before and is officially in charge of stockings!
Just wondered if your older kids still believed, when they found out about Mum and Dad's hand in it, what you told them, etc.

Lisa

i think you should let them belive as long as they want, they have to grow up so quick these days, i think my son was about 10/11. i think sometimes children just say they dont belive to keep in with the crowd but secretly do belive.it makes me really mad sometimes when you see parents with litle kids and they let thier kids pick their own presants "what is the point".

I agree entirely with you... just hope Vic can keep going for another year at least. This will be baby Anais' first Xmas and Vic is so excited writing a letter to Santa for her, bless him. He is even checking in shops for baby toys, if we go past a window or he sees and ad on tv for something for a little baby, he immediately says something like "ooh, I think Ani would like that, I'll ask Santa for that!
Lisa

I was thinking about this the other day... i wonder if Tia still believes... I have never ever said that Santa doesn't exist or made hints about it.. but she knows that our financial situation puts a dampener on how many presents she will get this year, and I wondered if she hadn't sussed it out. She kinda sussed it out last year I think because she made a comment that the presents were wrapped in the same paper that I had brought. :rotfl:

She also hasn't mentioned Santa coming this year... I'm not going to enlighten her..

We have had the added bonus of my DH being Finnish and Santa obviously coming from Finland, so we have kinda been able to "prove" so to speak that Santa really does exist... :rotfl: and that DH can speak Santa Clause language :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

But I dunno... I think the magic is dying... She has made other comments about not believing in things too.. like fairies and magic.. she also seems very concious that what she sees on telly isn't real and it's just people making things up.

I was 6 when I found out Santa didn't exist... I caught my mum putting my pressies into my stocking at the end of my bed... :roll: I was dead upset too.. :cry:

My parents still sign my gift tags from santa :D I remember noticing that Santa had the same writing as Mam though. :(

I think its so sad that kids dont seem to have their innocence for so long these days. Jonah is only 3 so of course he still believes in it all, but he goes to school and mixes with 9yr olds who probably don't believe and it just takes 1 of them to spoil it for him.

We still sign some presents from Santa. Everyone gets somenting from Santa :lol: :lol:

Lisa

Jess still believes in father Christmas and shes 7, I'm hoping to get at least another year with her believing :pray: Shes in the juniors now though so I'm not holding out much hope. I tell Jess that we send the money into him so shes knows this year she won't be getting as much cos it has to be split 3 ways.

I can't remember when Josh worked it out :think:

We also used to tell him that we had to pay santa and santa decided whether all our money went on him or the poor children depending on how good he had been

He's 14 in a couple of weeks and still makes me put out the mince pie and carrot because otherwise "It isn't Christmas"

he also still makes me buy him new pjs for Christmas Eve - even tho he doesn't usually wear them - becuase otherwise it isn't Christmas

he thinks this is a weird Christmas tradition - it was actually so he always looked good on Christmas morning pics :rotfl: I have a lovely set of pics of me as a small child on christmas morning ruined by the fact my nightie looks really scruffy - so I always made him look smart :rotfl:

And he still expects me to wait till he's asleep and sneak in to do his stocking :roll:

All I can say is "Good on Josh! :dance: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: That's the spirit of Christmas...
Lisa

Serious? Santa isnt real? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Then who is it that was wearing a big red suit, a long white beard and filling my stocking up on the stairs when I was 9? I saw him.....he's real :shakehead: I also heard the bells of his sleigh, and smelt the reindeer, so I know hes for real. We are just programmed as we get older to leave childish fantasies behind, but he is real. He is. Isnt he? :think:

Seriously though, I stopped believing when I was about 9 and my mum got some random fat bloke (my dad wasnt around) to dress as santa and come in and take our stockings out to the stairs and fill them up, I crept out and watched him...I had been woken up by the sound of little tinkling bells outside which I presumed to be the sleigh, and there was a funny smell of like a farmyard stable type smell. Hve no idea how she set that one up. And I got a jigsaw puzzle with a piece missng, and a letter from santa saying he was sorry but he had dropped a piece over russia. I mean whats the point of a jigsaw with a missing piece :rotfl:

lol my older brother told me when i was like 6 or 7 and i went and told all my friends at school and they all started crying so i got told off by the teachers! :rotfl: i still used to make my mum put my stocking at the end of my bed when i was asleep till i left home at 16! i used to love the feeling of all the presents at my feet and trying to guess what they were!

Brooke still believes (she is 7 will be 8 on new years day), i wont tell her that santa isn't real i will let her believe for as long as she wants to believe. She still writes him a letter and is over the moon when he writes back!

We also tell Brooke that we send money to santa to help towards all the presants she gets, and this year she has helped me wrap some of Olivia's presants up so we just told her that santa gets really busy so we are helping him by wrapping some pressies and we will then send them to him!

Im not sure how much longer she will believe because she has heard my niece saying that santa isn't real (she is 8) and that it's really ur mum and dad.

Before i moved out of my parents house there was, me at 16, my sister at 15 and two brothers at 14 and 11.
My parents still made us leave a mince pie, glass of Whiskey and a few carrots just because it was what we had done for all those years and we carried it on, this year shes coming up to our house on xmas eve to do the same for harrison with all of us there.....lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back