Being referd to fertility place...Advice?

PeanutButter

Reaction score
Hi, I'm supposed to be taking a break from the forum but Google keeps coming up with different things...
So I've recently had my 3rd loss (chemical) so I'm being sent to see a consultant in July. I was wondering what's going to happen? It says on Google that'll I'll have a TV scan to have a look inside (I've had these before I was even trying and nothing is wrong) it also says about doing something with my womb?! Which makes me feel a bit sick as it sounds painful (i also can't have smear tests because I suffer with vaginismus, it's not as bad now as I can actually dtd, but with smear tests my body just pushes it out and won't allow it inside) lol so I have no idea how they'll overcome this?? What questions shall I ask, what will they ask will they try and do a smear on the first appointment? (They always ''try' no matter what I tell them, so I just need to be prepared for it).

Thanks xx

Last edited:
Hi hun

No experience of recurrent loss but didn't want to read and run. I'm sorry for your chemical :-(

Not sure if yours will be the same as infertility referral - it probably will. I had no tests done at the first appointment, it was all talk about what they could do and my history etc. Hope this helps xx

When I was referred to the recurrent miscarriages clinic, they took several different lots of blood for me to check to blood disorders, clotting issues, etc and OH have to have bloods to check for chromosome deficiencies (which I was checked for too). I also had scans of my tubes plus and X-ray where dye is inserted into your tubes and uterus to check for blockages and other bits and bobs.

Everything of ours came back clear, no issues, to which we were disappointed that no one could tell us why these things kept happening. However I took a positive step for myself and started having alternative therapies - reiki and hypnotherapy. I started these in January, had 2 sessions of each, and fell pregnant in February. And this one has stuck around. May be total coincidence however I also think the relaxation of my whole body and mind assisted with ttc xx

Thanks for replying ladies x

Just more worried about the pain and stuff ... I want July to hurry up so I know weather there's anything wrong but I don't want it to come incase there isn't anything wrong and it'll just keep happening :wall2:
Ages ago there was a woman on one born every minute she had 15 mc and a few still births and they said there was nothing wrong with her.. :eh:
You know when you think oh that's just happens to other people, this is what I thought when we first started ttc :(

I didn't experience pain to be honest - discomfort with the X-ray and dye. However I don't suffer with anything that could potentially cause pain like you Hun. You should see a consultant first so explain your worries, they will explain what test will be done and what happens next. July will soon come round I promise you xx

A friend of mine who experienced multiple mcs has undergone ivf with PGS NGS as it occurred she has had chromosomal issues. At the 1st appointment a doc checked out her medical history and she did testing at the 2nd appointment.

On our first referral I had some blood taken (although most of our blood tests had already been done), but it was really just to discuss medical histories and the next steps.

OH was then booked in for another sperm test and I was given a number to call when my next cycle started so I could be booked in for a TV scan to check for signs of OV (can't think what they call the scan now but I think it had a name).

They didn't do a smear test although I hadn't long had one, so they may tell you to get one but are not likely to do it them.

Whilst they can do the dye test, they never even mentioned it to me and I was not told I needed one. They did say that if the chlamydia test had shown any history then they would to make sure it hadn't caused the tubes to scar and I suppose if you have history of tube issues, but as I didn't they basically did the scans, told me to lose weight and to give them a call when I have so they can start ivf!

Chlamydia test??? Like if you've ever had it in your life? xx

Yes it will show if you have ever had it.

I'm still waiting for my recurent mc appointment but I was told mine would be bloods as I've already had all the scans and testing done for our fertility referral.

Oh, i did have it as a teenager :blush: but only had it a few months, this wouldn't effect fertility would it?? :shock:

I hope they only need to do bloods aha :p

Oh, i did have it as a teenager :blush: but only had it a few months, this wouldn't effect fertility would it?? :shock:

I hope they only need to do bloods aha :p

They will start with the blood and take it from there.

It can cause fertility problems, but as long as you treat it relatively quickly I think it is okay (it is more the people who have it undetected for years who can be affected).

However, if you have had it at any point then be prepared that, depending on what the tests say, they may want you to have the hsg (putting dye up your tubes) to check the tubes are fine. Don't worry though - they won't pounce on you and do it at your first appointment :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back