Being given cot.

So_hopeful81

Reaction score
Hi!
My friend is giving me her stokke cot for free. It is a really generous offer and I really appreciate her kindness. She has said she wants it back after we have finished with it though. My problem- I don't like it very much! Please help me ladies by telling me why this is a good thing! I need to turn my hormonal negative opinion around!!!! HELP!

i would just say my mother or someone had offered to buy me my own cot and that way you can keep it for future babies you may have planned!! as she has obviously done and you cant use the mattress either so might as well get one for ur own cot :) nothing else i can think of esp to b positive coz if i didnt ike it i too wouldnt want it xx

yes i would say that your parents have offered to buy you one or that you have already bought one and its not getting delivered nearer the time?? We got cot beds for ours so ours still have a few years life in them yet. Not every cot is bound to be your cup of tea hun xx

If you do decide to take on her offer, think of it as one less expense an more money to spend on goodies. You wont be using it forever, until you get a proper bed

yeah a cot is only for baby, they need a bed eventually lol. why waste money on a cot when u can use that one for free and then give it back saving on money and space and the hassle of storing it. you can get a nice bumper set and make it look better that way and keep the bumper set for any future babies.

There are some things I insisted we were getting new one of them was the cot, you don;t know what sort of damage has been done to the one she is going to give.

I would go with what other people have said and say you have either ordered one to be delivered nearer the time or you have been told by your parents they are buying it for you :)

Good Luck xxx

I would get the used one and buy a new matress for it, happy to give it back saving the money and storage pain etc. I don't see howit cna possible be harmful for baby if you buy a new matress. As about if you like it or not, I just see the nursery furniture as essential things and don't really care so much how the look like as the LO will not even be interested on that. When it's older that's a whole different thing....
I would get any used furniture and buy some nice wall stickers for decoration, a nice carpet, so many things you cna use to make the nurser look so cozi that you will not even notice the furniture inside lol.

I a planning to buy cheap ikea nursery furniture, or any other second hand that I cna find in a good condition. (with a new matress always)

Last edited:
We have been given a second hand cot and although it's not the colour/style i would have chosen i'm just grateful that it will save us money. Your baby won't need it forever and when he/she is finished with it then you won't have to worry about disposing of it or storing it, you can just give it back! And as the other ladies have said you can get bumpers/mattress/bedding etc to make it nice. It's up to you really, if you definitely don't want it then just tell her you've already got one but thank you anyway xxx

i would just say i was worried about it getting damaged and that your mum has already brought one but your thanfull for her lovely offer

I'm sure stokke mattresses are as much as buying a new cot especially as it extends from a little bassinet to a full size cot, it might not actually save you that much!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back