Beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Maud, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Maud

Maud Well-Known Member

My daughter has started declining her morning breastfeed and this evening she was too tired to feed much at bedtime either :-(

I had worried that being pregnant would cause her to wean and it seems to be happening. I'm hoping she's not going to stop just yet as I had hoped she would get to at least two. Feeling quite sad and OH doesn't understand :-(

2. Maud

Maud Well-Known Member

She asked for her morning feed today and had both boobies. Quite relieved! :)

3. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

That's great :)
    I've not nursed through pregnancy but I have friends who have. Also I've known older toddlers stop in the last trimester but start again once the baby is born and the milk comes in.

If you are happy to continue then just keep offering. My daughter pretty much dry nursed for almost two years before she stopped nursing for good, weaning was very gradual and towards the end she was only suckling for a few seconds once or twice a week.