Been to the docs again ....

gemmap27

Reaction score
Been to the docs today (I think They will give me my own seat in the waiting room!)- it wasnt baby related I have a cyst (downstairs) thats gone funny and needed some antibiotics.
I was poked and prodded down there and then she checked the baby - I only had my 31 week check on Monday so I wasnt expecting her to check littleone!
She listened to babies heart and had a good feel of my tummy. She then checked my blood pressure as she had read on my notes that it was high on Monday - she did it 5 times and got 5 different readings - the highest was 147 and the lowest 135, so she was a bit concerned and went to speak to the midwife. I have to go and have it checked again next week. She was very through and even checked a wee sample.
She was going to sign me off work - but my job is not very stressful and I just sit at a desk all day, and the midwife said thats fine as long as it doesnt go up anymore!

Oh and she weighed me - I have put on 29lbs - I did lose loads before I got pg (4 1/2 stone) so I am glad I havent piled it all back on, buts thats still loads!!!!

wow good on you for loosing 4 1/2 stone!! 29lbs isnt bad at all!!

hopefully ure blood pressure will be lower next week :D

Sounds like you have a good doctor! Wish they were all like that. our weight gain sounds about average. I weighed myself recently and had put on around 2 stone like you, but I too had lost a lot (7 stone) before getting pregnant so have been *pretty* careful about what I have eaten.

DebbieM said:
Sounds like you have a good doctor! Wish they were all like that. our weight gain sounds about average. I weighed myself recently and had put on around 2 stone like you, but I too had lost a lot (7 stone) before getting pregnant so have been *pretty* careful about what I have eaten.

WOW!! how did you manage to loose 7 stone!?!?!? Let me in on the secret! im gonna have a GOOD few stone to loose after this one comes out!

i wanna know ur secret....i can only ever get to lose 2stone and then i lose intrest and cant shift the rest...gunna join weight watchers once these arrive as i need to shift loads and wanna look good when i get married in 2010!!!!!

wow both of you did great to lose that much before..and you know how its done now for after :clap:

I did weight watchers and lots of swimming and water aerobics.

Weight watchers was a great diet to follow because you can still have a takeaway and stuff - I had a kebab every friday night.

Cant wait to go back - I think I have to wait for my 6 week check up after the baby is here.

Matt and I did it together. We cut out crap and ate healthily and took up some exercise. Just walking and stuff at first and then we bought a treadmill and last year we both took part in our first 5K races (his for prostate cancer) and I did the Race For Life. We joined Slimming World in October 2006 but hated the woman running it so knocked that on the head and managed to continue with what we were doing before and I lost a further 2 stone.

I definitely intend to get back on track once little Flump is born and everything has settled again. :)

7 stone is amazing!!

Its so easy to pile it on - but not so easy to lose! Youve done great!!!

Thanks. Your 4 1/2 is great too though! Funny thing is.. I actually enjoyed it!

It took me years to realise that the best way to lose weight is to eat! I lost a stone and a half a few years ago just by sticking to 3 meals a day with fruit as snacks. YEah it took a while but I was losing a sensible and sustainable amount of weight each week- about 2lb and the weight didn't go back on. Even at 30 weeks pregnant I'm lighter than I was befroe losing the weight.

Well done to anyone who's lost weight and good luck to anyone who is planning to in the future (which I'm guessing is most of us!)

im planning on loosing 5 stone after baby ready for wedding :?

29lb isn't that much to gain in pregnancy! I think I'll have put on 4 and half stone by the end!
Back to weight watchers and keep fit dvd's for me once I've popped and my bodys recovered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back