Been to hospital today

NicNak1

Reaction score
Well last night i had a fall, luckily i didnt hit my stomach but was still abit of a shock, very sore knees too. From about 8-9pm i hadnt felt baby move and this morning i only felt about 2 movements which is unusual because when i wake up i always turn on my side, put my hand on my side and the baby kicks away or does turning motions but it done none of that. I was at my 34 week mw appointment this morning and mentioned it to her and she wanted me to go straight to MAU (maternity assessment unit) to get monitored. Went up and baby was absolutely fine (thank god) they did a urine test and it was full of stuff (i have recurrent water infections and on a constant antibiotic) so they done blood tests to make sure everything was ok, which came back clear.

So basically everything is good but its the first time ive had reduced movement and it was so scary as hell.

So glad all is ok. Reduced movement is really scary and always worth going in to get reassurance. Good news that your bloods are clear as well.

Glad all is okay though and that u got checked out. Hope your knees are ok xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Thanks ladies. Was just such a fright. Xx

Awww bless you, sounds scary. So glad all was okay. They take reduced movement so seriously.
xx

Thanks bex. Yeah it was, baby has been moving loads today so im so pleased. Little terror getting me all worried lol xx

They can be so naughty! I have had a couple of times with less movement but always perked up before I rang. so far anyway. They have put a big scary sticker on the front of my notes about calling the hospital if the baby stops moving. They are really, really, hot on it. x

Yeah ive had a few quiet days and then its perked up but because i had the fall it made me more apprehensive. I think if i have anymore worrys i wont hesitate in ringing them, they were lovely, well apart from the second midwife that took over the first, she didnt put a smile on her face once while i was there and when i mentioned about the crampy pains i had since she just dismissed it and said oh there nothing to worry about, she didnt reassure me or anything. Luckily i had OH with me to keep me calm because she was really winding me up lol. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back