Been through what yr going through!

Reaction score
I really relied on this chat forum throughout trying to concieve, (which took 2 years), and now I know lots of couples who took so much longer. And remember logging on when I thought I'd miscarried & had, and also when I thought I had but had'nt! In the middle of the night, or whenever, you just need to hear/read that someone else had that experience/problem and still ended up with a healthy full-term baby.

And for those who don't think they'll never concieve...

Keep trying, I now have a healthy baby daughter, after miscarriages, scares, etc, try not to be discouraged or angered by the ease at which others fall pregnant - and their ignorant ways of trying to comfort you! Keep trying! The result is unbelievable, imagine loving someone more than your mum or sibling! It's intoxicating love, maybe not at first - but give it a few days...

And also, if you don't feel you have the support, or feel you are in a relationship where the other person just doesn't seem to care about the infertility issue as much as you do, you don't have to stay with them to concieve the child you've always wanted, there are lots of other alternatives to concieving. I don't have any first hand experience of them, but know the strength of maternal yearning!

Hello there,

I'm nearly 34, and the whole thought of having a baby scared the hell out of me - I can't imagine how spooked I would have been at 18! If youre in yr 32wk you must be feeling quiet huge, I felt really vulnerable in my last 10 wks as I could'nt move very quickly, etc. I suffered badly from indigestion, had a ready supply of gaviscon in the fridge (to make it a bit more drinkable). Do you have lots of supportive people around you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back