Been signed off...again

CountryGirl

Reaction score
So a couple of weeks ago I had a massive migraine and was signed off work for a week. Then last weekend I had a really sore throat which has turned into a chest infection and a heavy cold.

Left work after lunch today and went to the docs. She wouldn't give me antibiotics as she said its too early in my pregnancy and there's a lot of developing going on, so she just signed me off for the rest of the week and told me to rest.

I came home and just burst ino tears. Was so scared to ring work but I did and just felt a bit like they were annoyed with me. My boss knows I'm pregnant and so does everyone at work now, but I still feel like they're all judging me and I feel like I can't be off work. I understand that it's going to be hard for them, but I seriously can't help it! I feel so guilty.

Hubby and my sister have both told me to forget work, hubby said he doesn't wanna hear me talk about it any more as I need to get better and think about me and baby. But it's so hard!

Feel very anxious, can't stop crying and have a banging headache on top of the infection.

Finding it so hard to be happy and excited about my baby. :'(

I had that with my work. They acted as if I purposely got pregnant to create more work for them. Ridiculous! Just take care of yourself, and put work to the back of your mind.

Ps: I had cellulitis a few weeks ago and my GP had me taking 2 different antibiotics, 7 times a day for 10 days! Must say I was worried, but he said they were fine to take.

Thanks Toria (just realised we're only 4days out from each other!).

I know , that's how I feel too. I wanna just be like "screw you!" But I'm too much of a nice person. Grrr.

Wow hope you're okay nw xx

Hope you get better soon. I know exactly how you feel, I was off work the other week for 4 days and I felt unbelievably guilty. Oh was saying the same things to me but it still is hard when you know what other people are thinking and the extra workload they are taking on.

Try not to worry about it. No one else is going to look after you at work so don't feel anxious about making yours and your babies health a priority

So a couple of weeks ago I had a massive migraine and was signed off work for a week. Then last weekend I had a really sore throat which has turned into a chest infection and a heavy cold.

Left work after lunch today and went to the docs. She wouldn't give me antibiotics as she said its too early in my pregnancy and there's a lot of developing going on, so she just signed me off for the rest of the week and told me to rest.

I came home and just burst ino tears. Was so scared to ring work but I did and just felt a bit like they were annoyed with me. My boss knows I'm pregnant and so does everyone at work now, but I still feel like they're all judging me and I feel like I can't be off work. I understand that it's going to be hard for them, but I seriously can't help it! I feel so guilty.

Hubby and my sister have both told me to forget work, hubby said he doesn't wanna hear me talk about it any more as I need to get better and think about me and baby. But it's so hard!

Feel very anxious, can't stop crying and have a banging headache on top of the infection.

Finding it so hard to be happy and excited about my baby. :'(

Aw i hope you get better soon! being pregnant is enough to deal with as it is!
I always feel SO guilty when im off ill, id never be off sneakily/skive but i still get a good guilt complex! sounds like you're the same. just try and relax and enjoy the pregnancy :) xx

Oh no hope you feel better soon! I know it's easier said then done but don't get stressed and worried over it you and your babies health comes first. And I'm sure your doctor wouldn't of signed you off work if they didn't feel you needed it. Xx

Oh hun, i know exactly how you feel ive been off for 4wks!! and i feel terrible about it i know how its been for them and i hope that they all undrstand they say they do!! You need to rest up hun and do whats right for you and baby thats all that matters.

Oh n i have just finished antibiotics for a uti the docs said they were ok in pg hope so!!

Michelle. x

I hope you are feeling better soon. I know how you feel this chest infection is driving me mad. Get well soon xxxxx

You listen to your OH and forget about work. You've been signed off end of. Get well soon xx

I have been off a few times with various things and feel absolutely no guilt as I am looking after my baby and me. I have wanted a baby for so long and not risking for anyone. So ignore work and look after yourself and the lo. My sister MC her first baby many years ago and did it lifting in work. It might have happened anyway but your work colleagues don't give you a medal for slogging through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back