been put back and hcg level results

honeybear

Reaction score
So they booked me into a scan today thinking I was 5+1 weeks
However at the scan there was nothing to show and I felt absolutely numb and cried.
the midwife saw me after and said they should have said they might not have seen anything my cycles where 1st of the month normally with it being 31 days
My last period was 1st June but I went on holiday on the 16th June and bled heavy for three days.
the midwife has said my hcg levels are 128 or about there and my uterus has thickened to 9mm from 3
She said there doesn't seem to be anything wrong other than because of the pill I was on it induced another period and I'm barely actually pregnant

I am 're booked for my bloods on Saturday to see if they double
and re booked for another scan
I also have a tilted uterus and a cyst that has recently burst.
never cried so much

I really wouldn't worry at this early stage about not seeing anything on the scan, from what i've heard i'd say it'd be pretty abnormal to see anything at 5 weeks.. Why did they give you a scan so early? Did you go privately? I personally wouldn't get an early can done until 8 weeks as it's not worth the worry if they don't find what you expect. All the other signs sound good and your midwife doesn't seem concerned so take comfort in that. Tilted uterus is quite commin, I have one too and it really shouldn't cause any problems. Not too sure on the burst cyst as i've never experienced it but i'm sure the midwife would have warned you if there was cause for concern.. Try not to worry, it's still so, so early, give your baby a chance to grow a little :) x

Thankyou hunny it was because I was having some pain like getting worse and they where worried for an etopic so they wanted to rule it out thankfully they didn't see anything in my tubes so that's a plus.
the sonographer wasn't very kind she was abit blunt really probably why i cried made me scared saying she couldn't see anything to Indicate pregnancy but failed to tell me my uterus was that of a pregnant ladies!!

Thank god I had a nice midwife.
On a downer think I'm at this alone now as I caught my partner scanning through some other girls pictures who I think he's been talking too so he's been given the boot xx

I can totally relate sweetie, I've had some really beastly midwives and nurses in my time that have bought me close to tears.. I don't understand why everyone can't just be a bit nicer.. Must be a relief to know it isn't ectopic though..

Sorry to hear that, well done for having the strength to get rid. He sounds like a waste of space and time.. Happy Mummy means happy baby so do whatever you need to do. Good luck darling xx

The midwife said my levels where good for my new conception date as was my uterus thickness at 9mm and she said at least we dealing with good levels and no etopic seen so fingers crossed just got alot of cramping and pains right now xxx
I've seen your post I hope your ok and everything is ok for you xxx

I know how horrible it is to be told they can't see anything on the scan, that's what I was told when I had my ectopic in April. Really hope though that everything works out ok. Good news that your levels are rising, has to be a positive! I wish you all the luck! X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back