Been offered dream job in middle of ttc . WHAT TO DO?

Aries29

Reaction score
Hi ladies , sorry f this is on the wrong place

Well I went for an interview a few moths ago and haven't really heard anything so thought never mind.
Just this week the hr department rang and offered me my dream job and asked when is like to start!! .

Of course I was over the moon , however we have been baby dancing all week, ttc. I'm not getting any younger :-/ 30 this year .

It's my dream job but if I'm pregnant I WONT abort my baby for a Job !!!

I won't know till 25-27 if pregnant or not

1- do I tel them up front before I've signed my contract ?
2- do I wait till I'm 12-16 weeks and obviously can't hide it anymore - previous Chen pregnancy
3- I won't be entitled to work maternity pay but that doesn't bother me as my fiancé earns 34k a year

I really want to be pregnant but it's not great timing now , I always find that life pops up a surprise when I least expect it

Secretly hoping I am pregnant and guess I'm looking for reassurance I won't be sacked for it :-(. Is it morally ok to be pregnant an take a job that someone else could have had. even if we stop ttc this week there's a good chance I'll still get caught as its ovulation week !! :)
3-

Last edited:
I'd take the job. They can't sack you for being pregnant. It's none of their business if you were actively trying or had a happy accident. If you can cope without maternity pay then go for it.
Flip it around.......if you aren't pregnant you'd potentially be missing out on your dream job x

Congratulations I would take the job! It's none of heir business whether you are trying for a child or not!

You never know how long it will take, it could happen quick but what I've learnt over the past year is that you can't let it take over your whole life xxxxx

Take the job!!! You never know whats round the corner and if u can manage on OH salary it sounds perfect to me.
I'd recommend telling them later on to avoid any early stressful conversations AND you must be the best person for the job - being pregnant doesn't change that.

I know how you feel though cos I am interviewing for new jobs having been made at risk of redundancy in february. Think telling them will be awkward when the time comes but hoping to have made a great impression before then.

Good luck and congratulations on being offered the job!!! Xx

Thanks ladies, glad your all feeling the way I was about just going for it. I had a chem pregnancy recently so I wouldn't be telling them if pregnant till I was at least 12-14 anyway as the risk of miss carriage is higher before then.

Feel reassured now, thanks again .

Just to weigh in (albeit a bit late) I'd take the job.

realistically if you were to agree it now, you aren't doing anything wrong. You don't know if you are (or not) pregnant. You potentially have a couple of week before you find out even, so you could sign the contract and be blissfully unaware.

I suppose it all depends on what the job is, and if you are planning to return to work after baby is born. If you would carry on working, then go for it, if you weren't planning on working at all after, then maybe best to turn it down! (I am not planning on returning to work after our little one is born, at least for a few years)

It's a nursing post, and I would be returning to the job :) so I am going to o for it. Like you said, I don't officially know yet so I might not even be pregnant, I can start in the next 2 weeks around 24th and I can't even do a test till after then !

Thanks ladies , I feel a little more relaxed now .

I'd take the job hun and Id keep trying to conceive lol xx

Last edited:
I would take the job and continue ttc anyway. Life is too unpredictable to live on what ifs.

It's non of their business what your family life is like or what your plan is when it comes to having one or multiple children. They're not allowed to ask for a (legal) reason!

Secondly, never stop any ifs from something you have dreamt off. If it's your dream job, go for it!

It will actually take your mind off ttc. It helped for me, I was pregnant two weeks after I started.

Sickness doesn't have to stop you from working either, be honest and communicate if that was to happen. I refused medicine but I worked around my sickness and showed effort to come in and get as much work done as I could.

My contact got extended while I'm sure there were some whose hadn't after they knew about my sickness, pregnancy ect.

And they wanted us to come back after pregnancy!

Just to let you know even if you do happen to fall pregnant at the same time that it doesn't have to be a negative thing. I loved having the pay while I worked during my pregnancy, it helped pay for a lot of baby stuff and if there's a chance you could go back to your dream job after mat leave you'd be crazy not to take the job!

thanks :) guys . Sending lots of baby dust your way ...... So excited now ��

Totally agree with the other ladies! Take the job and celebrate! Then if you get a BFP you'll have even more to celebrate. FX!

Just take the job and go for it! It might be the best thing you ever did. X

Accept the job!! I had a similar fear in December as I was offered a job with much better money etc, however we are ttc and I was scared that if I fell pregnant, what would they think! However, I wasn't pregnant so was worrying over nothing. Anyway, regardless of being pregnant or not, they cannot discriminate against you and could get into trouble for doing so (and particularly should know about these things as it's the HR Dept)!!

This is life - women have babies and they have to work to earn a living so just go for the job!

I know it's a bit late but I'd take it too. It's none of their business so keep it schtum!

My sister got made redundant and started a new job last month... when she was about 10 weeks pregnant lol. She won't get the company's maternity pay but she doesn't care - she's much happier. As for me... it's taken us years so far! I've changed jobs in that time, temped, done a course - all sorts. Xxx

take the job and don't tell them anything until you are 3 months pregnant :) then it could just be a happy coincidence!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back