Been in hospital :-(

Vicm

Reaction score
But all better now thank god.

Sat night was watching tele when I got a horrendous pain in chest. Couldn't decide if it was chest, ribs or boob. Anyway sat on my ball for a bit as we were watching a film and it didn't ease so lay down on couch. Then couldn't get up. Everytime I tried to get up the pain was so bad. OH wanted to ring 999 but I wouldn't let him as was convinced it would pass. Was crying my eyes out :-( finally managed to roll off couch onto all fours and get up. I promise OH if it didn't ease by end of film I would ring MW. So half pacing round and half sitting down made it to end of film and after taking paracetamol pain was same.

Rang maternity unit and they said I needed to call ambulance and go to a&e. Decided to let OH drive me there as didn't want to put baby in any danger.

After a million blood tests and 4 hours being monitored they admitted me. I managed to pinpoint pain to rib area and they said 50% chance musculoskeletal but as I was pregnant they couldn't take risk as it was possible blood clot in lungs. They couldn't do heart scan till Monday. So after being awake for 40hours (couldn't sleep at all) they scanned lungs. That came back clear. Then as my heartbeat had been 100-120 whole time they insisted on heart scan before I went. Luckily that was clear too and finally hot home 6pm yesterday. Looks like my little man did just give me a few almighty rib kicks.

It was horrid, all I could think about was baby. Midwife came to hospital to check him on Saturday and he was ok. He was so lively the whole time, think he was trying to tell me he was ok.

So I'm now home and been orderd to rest. So far consisted of ironing baby clothes (I never iron!!) and sitting in the nursery 😊.

omg same as me last night! luckily they did rule out blood clot on lungs right away so no scans etc needed!
Glad to hear your home and ok now :)

Horrid isn't it! At least it reassured me how thorough they are. I begged to go home and they said no until they were 100% sure. I'm having baby in different hospital and the matetnity hospital rang the ward 5 times to make sure I was ok.

That sounds like an awful experience. Glad to hear it's going better now! xx

Oh my days! Scary!! I had weird chest pains the other week but luckily it passed after a few minutes. Bloody scary though so you must have been really worried. I'm so glad everything was okay xxx

How scary!! I had really bad chest pains too the other day, OH wanted to take me in, but luckily mine passed. They were horrible though :(

Thanks guys. I was trying to hold off for it to pass, it was still there till this morning, codene didn't even take the edge off. But just glad my little man is ok. Was amazing to get my own bed back last night!

lucky they prescribed me 30mg codeine tablets and that's worked - have they given you anything to go home with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back