Been in hospital since Thursday !!

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Clairabelle, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Clairabelle

Clairabelle Well-Known Member

The July ladies will know when I went to my routine antenatal check on Wednesday my bp had gone up to over 90 which is their cut off point. Anyway mw gave me the benefit of the doubt n arranged to do a home visit the next morning to retake it. It was still high tho urine n everything else was fine. So I had to go to the hospital to triage to be monitored. Still high. Took bloods n there was something in them showing that the higher bp had started to effect my kidneys. No cause for concern but consultant said because I was 40 + seeks anyway there was no point keeping baby in there if my bp was starting to effect things. So she gave me a good sweep n told me to come back later on the evening to be admitted.

Really thought the sweep was gonna do something. Thursday night had some contractions about 6 mins apart n lost some of my plug n loads of mucus. But contractions stopped n there has been nothing since :-( My bp has now come right dow n is perfect but because I'm here now and 4 days overdue today they still want to keep me in n start me off. I'm already 2 to 3 cm dilated so the plan is just to break my waters n hope that triggers my contractions otherwise its the hormone drip for me which I really want to avoid. I've asked if they will give me another sweep this morning to try n kickstart labour on its own while I'm waiting for the induction so hopefully today I will have my baby cos up till now ive just been waiting around for god knows what really n being constantly monitored.

Haven't moaned too much about waiting yet cos its all giving me a chance to go into labour naturally but I have a very stubborn little miss in here who doesn't seem to want to come out despite lots of walks round the hospital n bouncing on the ball.

Will keep you posted on what today brings. Hopefully my stubborn little lady in my arms at last :) xxx

2. SpinSugar

SpinSugar Well-Known Member

Hope things start moving naturally for you soon hun!

Xx

3. Kelly450

Kelly450 Well-Known Member

Ah lots lors of waiting! :-(
    Fingers crossed everything can get kicked off naturally.

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

4. Haylian

Haylian Well-Known Member

Ooh exciting! Fingers crossed you start on your own and things progress quickly, good luck xx

5. Lydia

Lydia Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed it will all start soon. Good luck today! xx

6. charlotte89

charlotte89 Well-Known Member

aww bless ya :( she is a lil stubborn princess aint she! lol sounds like you will have ya lil lady in ya arms very soon :D xx

7. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Oh bless you. That's no fun at all. :( hope that breaking waters does it and you need no further intervention xx

8. Clairabelle

Well just been for a really long walk round the hospital grounds n now we're back mw has just been to see me n said she'll be back at 1.30 to give me another sweep so fx this one works while I'm waiting for them to break my waters nhopefully I wont need it :) xx

9. charlotte89

good luck :D xx

10. Babyoli

Babyoli Well-Known Member

Good luck, I really hope it starts soon! Xxx

11. katyloumc

katyloumc Well-Known Member

Ah bless you, fingers crossed it gets going soon xxx

12. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

Naughty baby! Come out to meet mummy now!!
    Fx for you hun xxx

13. Clairabelle

Well another night has passed n I still haven't been down to delivery suite. Really thought my 2nd sweep yday would start something off esp when mw said I'm already 3 to 4 cm n baby's head is really low n waters are bulging. She reckons once my contractions start or waters go it won't take very long at all. Why won't my body just do what it's meant to do ? :-(
    Oh well today is a new day n even mw is saying it's ridiculous they are taking so long to take md down to break waters so hopefully they will hurry things along today. Otherwise I'm going down myself n gonna kick some poor labouring woman out of one of the rooms lol :)

14. Babyoli

Babyoli Well-Known Member

Oh bless you! And I thought my case was frustrating. You must be pretty fed up. Hopefully they will do something about your waters! How much longer can they let you go?! Anyway,keeping fingers crossed for you and hoping next post will be of great news! Good luck xxx

15. Haylian

Haylian Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed it all gets going today for you, surely they can't keep you waiting another day xx

16. charlotte89

this is ridiculous id be ready to kill some one by now!! lol as if they have left you for this long! hospitals eh! good luck for the rest of the day hun hopefully you will get your baby soon xxx :dust:

17. Clairabelle

I wish ladies. I'm still waiting :-( Been moved to an induction ward which is a lot nicer and more relaxed and have resigned myself to the fact that I just have to wait unless she puts in an appearance herself in the meantime. Thanks for all your kind words :) xx

18. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Glad you sound positive if resigned and you are right it will happen. Fingers crossed being in a more relaxed frame of mind helps things to progress too big hugs thinking of you xx

19. Olivia118

Olivia118 Well-Known Member

Stay positive :) good luck hun x x x x x x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

20. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

Awww hun. How boring apart from anything else! Fx it all goes really well. You'll get to meet baby fairly soon one way or the other! Xx