Beef jerky?

Jessywoohoo

Reaction score
Can it be eaten while pregnant? Really fancy a little nibble!!! I know cured meats are a no go but I not sure about beef jerky. Xx

Hi hun, the only things my GP said to avoid were pate, soft cheese, seafood and obviously alcohol! She didn't say anything about cured meat (or any meat actually)... I've never heard of that advice hun. So on that basis I would have thought it would be okay? Unless my GP has missed off a massive list of things that we can't eat lol.

I'm struggling with peanuts at the moment... I've been told the jury is out about whether they're okay to eat and different docs and different studies say different things! I've got a massive box of crunchy nut cornflakes in the cupboard bought before getting preg, and I really want some! Lol x

I've not heard of the meat one either hun, if that's true then i'm screwed as i have been eating loads of meat cos little one is craving it! My midwife actually made me laugh when going through the list... it was "do you eat shark?" that got me lol

I've eaten peanuts all the way through my pregnancy I'm 20 weeks now. They say not to have them if nut allergy runs in ur family xxx

Some beef jerky is air dried usually so not fully cooked, therefore id have thought there was a risk. Unless the manufacturers info says its safe I'd avoid it.
X

Does cured meat include bacon? x

No babyem bacon Is fine, cured meat is the stuff that is air dried. I hope you are feeling okay, :( after my winge before about me worrying as not feeling well enough my sickness has turned up and is raging!! Feel so so so ill. Cyclizine not doing anything at all!! Xx

I've not heard of the meat one either hun, if that's true then i'm screwed as i have been eating loads of meat cos little one is craving it! My midwife actually made me laugh when going through the list... it was "do you eat shark?" that got me lol

Pmsl my community midwife said the same thing to me! I didn't know any1 ate shark! I was like 'what?!' Lol.

I just wish there wasn't so much conflicting information on what we are and are not allowed to eat.

As far as peanuts are concerned, I haven't stopped.
I have stopped eating prawns though x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I think all cured and air dried meats are out as they are not actually cooked?

No babyem bacon Is fine, cured meat is the stuff that is air dried. I hope you are feeling okay, :( after my winge before about me worrying as not feeling well enough my sickness has turned up and is raging!! Feel so so so ill. Cyclizine not doing anything at all!! Xx

Ahright, thats ok! Not that I've been able to eat it, but for future reference!!

Yeah feeling abit better, starting to come round abit finally! Awww, I feel for you, I really do!! The cyclizine injection worked for about a day if that for me, then it came back again!! All you can do is rest, and drink as much as you can! Lucozade is good, and if you get bored of water try squash. Hope you start to feel better soon, I know it gets you down after a bit xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back