Bee vs. Raspberry vs. Yoyo

BabyMaker

Reaction score
Evening ladies, we've started looking at pushchairs and was hoping for some opinions.
With our DS we had icandy Peach which I loved but it was too bulky and awkward in shops and our car.
This time I fell in love with the Silver Cross Pioneer but we went to look at it today and felt it was even bigger and bulkier than the Peach. So we've decided to get something alot smaller. Has anyone had any of the following from birth:

Bugaboo Bee3
icandy Raspberry
Babyzen Yoyo 0+

Any opinions (good or bad) would be much appreciated.
Xx

I've had the bee3 and raspberry. I wanted the yoyo but it's defiantly not a pram for newborns I can't believe they suggest it is. Any bump your baby will feel.

The raspberry was a nice pram I liked the sleek look. Loved the fold but it had faults.... The chassis doesn't lock when closed so if you have it in the car it's a pain. The plastic compartment on the front creaks and clicks when you walk. There is a lot of movement in the chassis. The biggest failure is the hood...... That fabric is terrible!! My 6 month old grabbed and plucked it. I would not feel comfortable having a newborn in it. Very open to the elements. The hood let's light through and very low to the floor.

Bee3 I got after the raspberry. Better build quality, not as much movement but still creaks sometimes. Very much an urban pram. As baby gets older it gets heavier and you can feel it when tipping up curbs. I like it has a carrycot for a baby and the hood fabric is nice. I did have an incident where the wheel at the front was off the curb and began to tip the pram over off the side of the curb. Luckily my husband was there to catch it.

I'm also after a small pram this time after having the monster silver cross and icandy. My main choice is the Urbo . .... It's an urban pram but very strong and sturdy chassis the seat is much nicer and larger for a baby. The carrycot is lush. I wish I never sold it the first time around

Thank you so much for your reply. This has helped me alot. I did find the hood on the raspberry quite flimsy so I can imagine it would be a pain when the little one grabs it.
I went to Mothercare today and had another look at the Bee and so far it's my first choice. But, i'll keep looking as i still have until June to find one. Will google Urbo. Not heard of that before.
Thank you:)
xx

just a thought, I just started a thread yesterday in tri three as I've finally 'bitten the bullet' and bought a travel system after months of research and waiting for sales.

Probably my biggest stipulation was a compact fold, but I also wanted the iso fix base included as I.found it was adding too much on to the price.

in the end I opted for the ickle bubba stomp v3, which is a small fold and lightweight and includes Literally everything and I found an introductory price of £398 ish from Direct to mum.

it hasn't been delivered, and unfortunately I haven't seen it in person so I have taken a gamble but the demo on youtube really sold it to me, just make sire you are looking at v3.

I looked at the baby Zen yoyo but with all the extras it was just way out of budget, similar situation with the armadillo flip which otherwise seemed impressive.

just thought it might be worth looking in to. Cant wait for delivery of mine now!

Wow that's alot included in £400. Thanks Mel, I will have a look:) x

yeah I was a Sucker for the youtube sales pitch!

only thing is, they emailed to say delivery will be 16th onwards and asked if I wanted to cancel, but I don't need it till march, the longer it's not cluttering the house the better hehe xx

I've not seen the ickle bubba stomp in person but my friend has a cheap bugaboo copyish ( has a different name ) as the ickle bubba is. Ickle bubba was made to look like high end prams with everything included but for a lot lot less. And tbh they did a pretty good job. I think you will be happy with it. The only thing that stands it apart is you can tell the light chassis is t as well made. Fabrics feel cheaper and the wheels are foam which won't last if you're using it a lot.

The pram however is comparison to a bee or raspberry is huge. It's not a small pram at all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back