Bedroom too hot

CornishGirl

Reaction score
Hi all,

So me and my husband have put a thermometer in our bedroom so we know what bedding to buy for when baby is born, but we've not seen it fall below 22 degrees. It was 24 degrees all last night. We've tried having the windows open and creating a through draft, but we're on the ground floor so this made us feel uneasy, and the temperature still didn't fall.

I've read the room needs to be between 16 and 20 degrees and anything hotter than this increases the risk of SIDS! :(

What do you do if you can't physically make your room cool enough? We're actually looking now into buying an air conditioning unit but it would be spending money we didn't have if we got one.

Our bedroom is always around 22-23 and even hotter when we have the nice weather ! Just put less blankets/clothing ect. We have a gro egg which is fab. X

When our son was born our bedroom was around the same temperature (he was born July last year), we ended up with a fan in the room, all the windows open wide and him sleeping in just a nappy.

We could only do what we could do!

Matt

I live in Portugal where the summers are hot and a lot of people dont have air conditioning. There are nights when our bedroom must be 30! Maybe its not ideal but babies her seem to survive it fine. I think they make a big deal about it because so many people think a draft will kill a baby so they feel they have to over heat and overdress them the whole time.

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice everyone. This makes me feel much better. :)
We have invested in a much cheaper bedroom fan so hopefully this will give the room a much cooler edge to it.

Currently 26 degrees in our girls' bedrooms. We do everything we can to cool it & then dress them erring on the side of cool - I'd rather they were a bit chilly than overheating. You can't do anymore than try your best to cool it, fan is good, helps if you put either a jug of icey water or frozen bottles of water in front of it, then the fan blows cool air instead of just blowing the hot air around x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back